Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why a Ben trade would fetch a huge return....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is why a Ben trade would fetch a huge return....

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9834228/minnesota-vikings-start-josh-freeman-qb-vs-new-york-giants[/URL]

Teams are frickin desperate for a legitimate QB!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Do you support trading Ben for a huge return?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

If we had a Kirk Cousins waiting in the wings...hell yea..

not the case though as I see it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Do you support trading Ben for a huge return?
    That is the only way I would trade him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    If we had a Kirk Cousins waiting in the wings...hell yea..

not the case though as I see it.
    The NFL doesn’t see it like that much anymore. With the recent success of young QB’s coming into the league and having immediate returns plus the fact that QB’s are far more ahead (preparation wise), of where they use to be, has many believing that the QB position can be filled in the draft.

Here is a list of QB’s who were drafted and either had immediate success or gave an immediate return of some degree.

Ben Roethlisberger
    Eli Manning
    Phillip Rivers
    Matt Ryan
    Joe Flacco
    Matthew Stafford
    Mark Sanchez
    Josh Freeman
    Sam Bradford
    Cam Newton
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick
    Andrew Luck
    Robert Griffin III
    Ryan Tannehill
    Russell Wilson
    E.J. Manuel
    Geno Smith

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    [URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9834228/minnesota-vikings-start-josh-freeman-qb-vs-new-york-giants[/URL]

Teams are frickin desperate for a legitimate QB!!
    So you propose trading your legitimate QB, and becoming one of the teams that are desperate?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm really trying, honest I am, but I can't get my mind around the idea of trading Ben to get better.

Trading him to get worse, yes. Not trading him and getting more out of his supporting cast and the defense to get better, yes.

"We're bad, we've got to trade to get better..." - even if true, just because we may not have anyone else good enough that another team would want to trade for, that doesn't mean it's right to trade Ben! Unless someone thinks Ben is the cause of our ills, but that is even crazier sounding to me.

Not saying the idea is definitely insane, I just can't see it.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    So you propose trading your legitimate QB, and becoming one of the teams that are desperate?
    $$$$$$

Dub listed all the QBs who were drafted and gave an immediate return of some degree. He didn't list all the QBs who were drafted and turned out to be duds. Too much risk for this kid ...I'd keep the proven legitimate QB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Under normal circumstances, no. But this year, being one of the worst the Steelers will see in some 20-30 years, will put them in a position to reload and possibly get in position to make another long run. Sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot. Ben will be 32 next year and will account for nearly 18,000,000 towards a cap that is projected as being the 3rd highest in 2014.

It is my personal belief that the Steelers are not one or two players away from competing for a championship. In fact I believe they are a long way away. If trading Ben Roethlisberger nets this team a Herschel Walker return, I think it is in the best interests to trade him.

When you see how desperate teams are for a QB, I do not think it would be out of the question to get a 1st, 2nd, and an elite player like Patrick Petersen back in return. And maybe even more than that.

Add this with what appears to be a top 5 pick already coming to the Steelers in this upcoming draft, and I believe the future of the Steelers is better than if they do not trade Ben this off season. Remember, the Steelers do very little to build through free agency and have several key players who may have to be cut next off season if something isnt done (Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor, LaMarr Woodley, Lawrence Timmons, Antonio Brown, etc.), or at least be called upon to take significant pay cuts.

Legend

User Info Menu

exactly, that idea makes no sense whatsoever...