Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
I'm really trying, honest I am, but I can't get my mind around the idea of trading Ben to get better.

Trading him to get worse, yes. Not trading him and getting more out of his supporting cast and the defense to get better, yes.

"We're bad, we've got to trade to get better..." - even if true, just because we may not have anyone else good enough that another team would want to trade for, that doesn't mean it's right to trade Ben! Unless someone thinks Ben is the cause of our ills, but that is even crazier sounding to me.

Not saying the idea is definitely insane, I just can't see it.
I'm not crazy about it either. And if you followed me from way back in the Tribe days, I am one of the biggest Ben supports there is. But as I have said, I would only do this if it nets a Herchel walker return. No other way.

And as much of Ben Roethlisberger that I am, I am a bigger Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I see this as the quickest way for the Steelers to turn things around. There is talk that there could 5 to 7 QB's taken in this upcoming drafts first round. And if you've been a Steeler fan as long as I have, then 1983 tells you what not having foresight can do to a franchise.

Terry Bradshaw and Dan Marino. Remember that?