Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why a Ben trade would fetch a huge return....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is why a Ben trade would fetch a huge return....

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9834228/minnesota-vikings-start-josh-freeman-qb-vs-new-york-giants[/URL]

Teams are frickin desperate for a legitimate QB!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Do you support trading Ben for a huge return?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Do you support trading Ben for a huge return?
    That is the only way I would trade him.

Legend

User Info Menu

If we had a Kirk Cousins waiting in the wings...hell yea..

not the case though as I see it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    If we had a Kirk Cousins waiting in the wings...hell yea..

not the case though as I see it.
    The NFL doesn’t see it like that much anymore. With the recent success of young QB’s coming into the league and having immediate returns plus the fact that QB’s are far more ahead (preparation wise), of where they use to be, has many believing that the QB position can be filled in the draft.

Here is a list of QB’s who were drafted and either had immediate success or gave an immediate return of some degree.

Ben Roethlisberger
    Eli Manning
    Phillip Rivers
    Matt Ryan
    Joe Flacco
    Matthew Stafford
    Mark Sanchez
    Josh Freeman
    Sam Bradford
    Cam Newton
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick
    Andrew Luck
    Robert Griffin III
    Ryan Tannehill
    Russell Wilson
    E.J. Manuel
    Geno Smith

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm really trying, honest I am, but I can't get my mind around the idea of trading Ben to get better.

Trading him to get worse, yes. Not trading him and getting more out of his supporting cast and the defense to get better, yes.

"We're bad, we've got to trade to get better..." - even if true, just because we may not have anyone else good enough that another team would want to trade for, that doesn't mean it's right to trade Ben! Unless someone thinks Ben is the cause of our ills, but that is even crazier sounding to me.

Not saying the idea is definitely insane, I just can't see it.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I'm really trying, honest I am, but I can't get my mind around the idea of trading Ben to get better.

Trading him to get worse, yes. Not trading him and getting more out of his supporting cast and the defense to get better, yes.

"We're bad, we've got to trade to get better..." - even if true, just because we may not have anyone else good enough that another team would want to trade for, that doesn't mean it's right to trade Ben! Unless someone thinks Ben is the cause of our ills, but that is even crazier sounding to me.

Not saying the idea is definitely insane, I just can't see it.
    I'm not crazy about it either. And if you followed me from way back in the Tribe days, I am one of the biggest Ben supports there is. But as I have said, I would only do this if it nets a Herchel walker return. No other way.

And as much of Ben Roethlisberger that I am, I am a bigger Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I see this as the quickest way for the Steelers to turn things around. There is talk that there could 5 to 7 QB's taken in this upcoming drafts first round. And if you've been a Steeler fan as long as I have, then 1983 tells you what not having foresight can do to a franchise.

Terry Bradshaw and Dan Marino. Remember that?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    [URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9834228/minnesota-vikings-start-josh-freeman-qb-vs-new-york-giants[/URL]

Teams are frickin desperate for a legitimate QB!!
    So you propose trading your legitimate QB, and becoming one of the teams that are desperate?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    So you propose trading your legitimate QB, and becoming one of the teams that are desperate?
    $$$$$$

Dub listed all the QBs who were drafted and gave an immediate return of some degree. He didn't list all the QBs who were drafted and turned out to be duds. Too much risk for this kid ...I'd keep the proven legitimate QB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    $$$$$$

Dub listed all the QBs who were drafted and gave an immediate return of some degree. He didn't list all the QBs who were drafted and turned out to be duds. Too much risk for this kid ...I'd keep the proven legitimate QB.
    Go back the past 9 years. Never, ever, has there been this many QB's drafted who have come into the league and made immediate impacts. But to your point, the amount of 1st and 2nd rounders who were expected to be good in the NFL, and what they have meant to many franchises, out weigh those who didn't pan out.

Look at it yourself.

[url]www.drafthistory.com[/url]