Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why a Ben trade would fetch a huge return....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    That is why you don't trade one. It is equally as hard to get inside the Top 10 to get one and hope you don't miss. BB has 4-5 good years left. I don't put as much weight on "taking hits" as the gullible public. When I see something that has an effect on his arm or head...Then I will start worrying. You want to consider the possibility of making a trade like this...You have one sitting in the wings you are sure of. The Steelers don't. Until that happens...This talk is just to pass the time.
    I think it is a lock the Steelers get at least a top 5 pick this year. What are they looking at 4-12? 5-11? At best 6-10? This is why this is the time to do this.

Again, I will bet a grip of money that after this season is over, there will be a lot of Steeler fans seeing this topic differently.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Thank you for some semblance of common sense.

I am always open to listen to any offer for any player, but I am not open to an offer for a franchise QB when you don't get one in return, unless you are deciding to blow it all up and rebuild from the ground up.
    It will be interesting to see your thoughts on this should the Steelers finish this year at 2-14, 3-13, 4-12, etc., etc.

I believe this team is a long way away from being good on both sides of the ball.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    QBs taken rounds 1 and 2 last 9 years:

EJ Manuel
    Geno Smith

Andrew Luck
    Robert Griffin III
    Ryan Tannehill
    Brandon Weeden
    Brock Osweiler

Cam Newton
    Jake Locker
    Blaine Gabbert
    Christian Ponder
    Andy Dalton
    Colin Kaepernick

Sam Bradford
    Tim Tebow
    Jimmy Clausen

Matthew Stafford
    Mark Sanchez
    Josh Freeman
    Pat White

Matt Ryan
    Joe Flacco
    Brian Brohm
    Chad Henne

JaMarcus Russell
    Brady Quinn
    Kevin Kolb
    John Beck
    Drew Stanton

Vince Young
    Matt Leinert
    Jay Cutler
    Kellen Clemens
    Tarvaris Jackson

Alex Smith
    Aaron Rogers
    Jason Campbell

True, many of these picks have made “immediate impacts”…but how many really panned out as long-term starting NFL quarterback talent? And more importantly, how many of them really could be classified as “franchise quarterbacks”?
    Now, go and do the same thing for the previous 30 years. See the difference. This game and it's QB's are changing at it is happening as early as Pop Warner and the high school level. Kids are running spread offenses, throwing the ball 30 plus times a game, and learning how to read defenses/coverage at an accelerated rate. Like never before.

Administrator

User Info Menu

It would be a tough move to make but I completely understand the logic.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree... giving up Hershel Walker isn't that big of a deal IMO and Dallas definitely got the most out of that trade. You can trade RB's all day but franchise QB's?? You really have to pick the perfect QB moving forward in order for it to work and I'm pretty sure Dub want's AJ.

Sorry but I don't see AJ as the next big thing in the NFL.
    Personally I think Hundley, Mettenberger, and McCarron, can all play with in the Steelers system and play immediately or real close to it.

AJ McCarron may not be your next big thing but he is about to win BCS National Championship #3, having played in probably the toughest schedule (conference), any college QB has ever played in (over his entire college career), and having done so without making hardly any mistakes, also having played his best football in college football's biggest games.

Legend

User Info Menu

You keep speaking about the "toughest schedule" but he played for the best team in all of college football with the best OL in college football. He was never challenged.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You keep speaking about the "toughest schedule" but he played for the best team in all of college football with the best OL in college football. He was never challenged.
    He might have played for the best o-line in college football but I strongly disagree that he wasn't challenged. The SEC teams are challegned almost weekly by stiff competition.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why would we need another QB?

hasn't landry jones been anointed as a future star by the "experts" here?

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't care if AJ won 4 BCS titles.. I've already provided a stat that shows winning a BCS title means zilch to a QB's success in the NFL. Cam and Tim Tebow won 3 titles between them... it means nothing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    why would we need another QB?

hasn't landry jones been anointed as a future star by the "experts" here?
    not a star.. but on par with AJ...