Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: This is why a Ben trade would fetch a huge return....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    These young QB's are having an impact because teams are throwing them out there on day one...

we still have no idea how many of these QB's will be franchise/elite...
    That is not completely my point. You are omitting something very important to my point. Whether or not they become franchise QB's is only part of what I said. These new breed of young QB's I have listed, are giving their teams an immediate return, in most cases, making their teams playoff teams, and in some cases, viable super bowl contenders. And that makes the risk versus reward thing with what the NFL use to view with franchise QB's, not what it once was.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey in Maddox defense, he was a pretty good QB for us until that paralyzing hit he took. After that he played scared.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Trading Ben is not going to fix the problems on OL, Coaching or Defensive problems....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    NJ, this happens a lot in the NFL. The Raiders gave up 2 1st rounder's for a washed up Carson Palmer. And they
    he too had a big contract coming to them. [URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7118158/oakland-raiders-acquire-carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals[/URL]
    and josh freeman (a former #1) was offered around the league and no one wanted to give up anything for him.

the raiders are not every team. they are a dumb organization. there's not too many teams like them in the league.

the cards are notoriously cheap. they're not gonna give up those assets and pay ben $20 M a year to a 10 year vet QB.

plus now, teams are going to look at that palmer trade as the thing not to do because of how it turned out. just as they did with the hershel trade years ago

if they do intend to move on from ben, i'd be thrilled with that package, but i think ur dreaming.
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 10-18-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

but, for arguements sake. if you want at least two first round picks for ben

then i think teams like minny or houston might be more willing to give that up

minny has all the pieces in place except a QB... pretty much the same thing with houston

with them. that second 1st rder will be a late one and not as great an asset

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    but, for arguements sake. if you want at least two first round picks for ben

then i think teams like minny or houston might be more willing to give that up

minny has all the pieces in place except a QB... pretty much the same thing with houston

with them. that second 1st rder will be a late one and not as great an asset
    Well unfortunately many posters have taken this thread off topic or have ignored what I have actually said. Page 3 you will find that I had listed 13 teams that may be willing to deal. And I never said two first round picks. I said a high 1st, 2nd, and a player like Patrick Peterson and then suggested the Steelers could possibly get even more.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    and josh freeman (a former #1) was offered around the league and no one wanted to give up anything for him.

the raiders are not every team. they are a dumb organization. there's not too many teams like them in the league.

the cards are notoriously cheap. they're not gonna give up those assets and pay ben $20 M a year to a 10 year vet QB.

plus now, teams are going to look at that palmer trade as the thing not to do because of how it turned out. just as they did with the hershel trade years ago

if they do intend to move on from ben, i'd be thrilled with that package, but i think ur dreaming.
    Using Josh Freeman as an example is misleading. The attempt to trade him by Tampa Bay was in-season and on the final year of a contract that pays him $6.5 million. Why would anyone give up anything for him knowing he is soon to be released and you can sign him for a reasonable salary for the rest of the year? Don't be fooled that no one wanted him. He is starting already this weekend for the Vikings. And any team that gets Ben will more than likely give him a new contract that is back end loaded.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Trading Ben is not going to fix the problems on OL, Coaching or Defensive problems....
    This has never been about solving coaching issues. This is about acquiring a boatload of talented players so this team can fill those holes on both sides of the ball. With the Steelers already headed for drafting some where around 1-8 in this next drafts first round, and anywhere from 33-41 in the second round, adding another top 5-15 pick, plus another 37-47 pick, and a player the caliber of Patrick Petersen (probably the best CB in all of football), would go a long way to filling a lot of his teams needs. I refer you back to when the Cowboys traded Herschel Walker. What they got in return, the players they drafted from the extra picks, and how it lead to a dynasty. The year this trade happened the Cowboys were 1-15. And with in 3 years, they were Super Bowl Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well unfortunately many posters have taken this thread off topic or have ignored what I have actually said. Page 3 you will find that I had listed 13 teams that may be willing to deal. And I never said two first round picks. I said a high 1st, 2nd, and a player like Patrick Peterson and then suggested the Steelers could possibly get even more.

a player like patrick peterson is better then a 1st round pick. at his age and his pedigree (3rd overall a couple of years ago)

again, i think you're dreaming if you think we can get a package like that

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone remember Ryan Leaf?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.