Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why a Ben trade would fetch a huge return....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well that isnt the way the NFL see things anymore. The emergence of so many young QB's coming into the league lately who have had immediate returns has changed that old way of thinking.

so why wouldnt the cards just take that young QB, if they are so apt to come in and do well as you said.

they have pieces to be a good team. good WR corps, up and coming defense

why shell out big money and picks for ben when they could get a Qb on a rookie contract for the next 4-5 years

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    so why wouldnt the cards just take that young QB, if they are so apt to come in and do well as you said.

why shell out big money and picks for ben when they could get a Qb on a rookie contract for the next 4-5 years
    Exactly. That's the point I was trying to make.

In one breath, Dub says Ben is a proven franchise QB, and the Cards' best chance to get to the Super Bowl...in the next breath, he says Ben is broken down and declining and too expensive. It doesn't make sense to me, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't to the Cards either.

Legend

User Info Menu

what in the world is going on here today?

yet another poster trying to introduce logic to these threads...

Legend

User Info Menu

Damn.... .

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What if Haley is fired and the Steelers make a play for Gary Kubiak in the offseason as OC (lots of "ifs" here I know.. haley and kubiak fired) Would you still propose to trade Ben? Does your lack of confidence lie in the player or the current system?

My opinion.... keep Ben and book a flight to Houston.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    The whole idea is idiotic. Here's why:

How many other quarterbacks have came and gone or are still out there that haven't been to three Super Bowls, much less win two? Since he hasn't won one in the past "several years" we better get rid of him? What kind of crap is that? What does he have to do? Win a SB every year?

While he's still in his prime (in my opinion), we should trade away a proven SB-winning QB? I guess multiple Super Bowl winning QBs (which happens to be the most important position on the field) just grow on trees?

Makes. Zero. Sense.
    Instead of continuing to answer dumb stuff like this, I would suggest you do yourself a favor and go back and read all that I have said about this over the past month. You are far from my point and have taken what I have said in a completely different direction.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They could. And it doesnt necessarily have to be the Cardinals that match of for the Steelers in a trade. But if you will recall, the Arizona Cardinals tried that route recently, with Matt Leinart. It didnt work. And their current head coach is Ben's old (successful), offensive coordinator. One would think he may lean on the overpay side for a QB he has actually won a super bowl with.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Exactly. That's the point I was trying to make.

In one breath, Dub says Ben is a proven franchise QB, and the Cards' best chance to get to the Super Bowl...in the next breath, he says Ben is broken down and declining and too expensive. It doesn't make sense to me, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't to the Cards either.
    Ok if you dont like the idea, dont agree with what I have to say, or would never consider something like this, then fine. But you guys really need not take what I say out of context and away from what the initial post is about.

There isnt anyone on this forum who can tell me I am wrong when I say if the Steelers made Ben available this next off season, there would be several teams lining up to get a him and be more than willing to overpay for it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    What if Haley is fired and the Steelers make a play for Gary Kubiak in the offseason as OC (lots of "ifs" here I know.. haley and kubiak fired) Would you still propose to trade Ben? Does your lack of confidence lie in the player or the current system?

My opinion.... keep Ben and book a flight to Houston.
    Go back and read what I have said about this for the past month.

Thor....I am as big a Ben fan as there is in this world. I simply fill that if a team offered a Herschel Walker return in a trade for Ben, at this point, it is in the best interests of the teem to do so. Why is that so hard to understand?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Go back and read what I have said about this for the past month.

Thor....I am as big a Ben fan as there is in this world. I simply fill that if a team offered a Herschel Walker return in a trade for Ben, at this point, it is in the best interests of the teem to do so. Why is that so hard to understand?
    I understand you are a fan of Ben.

So the simple answer is... you have no faith in the current offensive coaches. Due to the current play on the field I would agree. I am just proposing a question myself.
    Would you keep Ben if you could get another OC this offseason?