Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: This is why a Ben trade would fetch a huge return....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Instead of continuing to answer dumb stuff like this, I would suggest you do yourself a favor and go back and read all that I have said about this over the past month. You are far from my point and have taken what I have said in a completely different direction.
    You want to trade away a SB-winning franchise QB and I'm posting dumb stuff? Alrightythen. I have no desire to read what you've said about this over the past month. But hey, it's a free discussion board. Knock yourself out.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Rookie

User Info Menu

SEC competition is way overblown...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    SEC competition is way overblown...
    lol.....not much else to say to that.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    lol.....not much else to say to that.
    Well... he does have a point. I thought about this on Saturday while watching Mizzou spank Florida.

Everyone who parades the SEC always tells fans if (insert school) played in the SEC they wouldn't win 5 games. Mizzou and A&M made a pretty smooth transition IMO.

SEC is the best conference but its not THAT good that a QB should get the benefit of the doubt. Chris Leak, Tebow, Cam, McElway have all won titles.. it means little at the next level. I'm more impressed by the play in the trenches in the SEC.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Anyone remember Ryan Leaf?
    Yes, all this talk of trading a proven NFL QB for draft prospects is foolish.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Anyone remember Ryan Leaf?
    Anyone remember Matt Barkley? Kid threw an INT on his first NFL pass yesterday. They called it back due to a DL in the nuetral zone.. he made up for it with 3 more INTs.

You don't trade a 32 year old franchise SB winning QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Anyone remember Matt Barkley? Kid threw an INT on his first NFL pass yesterday. They called it back due to a DL in the nuetral zone.. he made up for it with 3 more INTs.

You don't trade a 32 year old franchise SB winning QB.
    I couldn't agree more, even though I've debated both sides of this argument just to try and keep discussion going. There are some facts (IMO) that you just have to accept:

You don't trade away a proven winner at quarterback and, in particular, for an unproven commodity. As you see, even the young guns that are going to be good are terribly inconsistent.

Ben is not changing the way he plays, fans need to accept this more than anything

Ben will make you say, "WTF are you doing?" and "Holy crap that was unbelievable", all on the same play

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is crazy talk...we need to focus on improving where the problems are and it's not with Ben!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Yes, all this talk of trading a proven NFL QB for draft prospects is foolish.
    Yup...You don't trade SB winning QB unless you have someone like Aaron Rodgers at backup position.

Also the way Steelers have drafted lately i will be very skeptical of draft picks.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I couldn't agree more, even though I've debated both sides of this argument just to try and keep discussion going. There are some facts (IMO) that you just have to accept:

You don't trade away a proven winner at quarterback and, in particular, for an unproven commodity. As you see, even the young guns that are going to be good are terribly inconsistent.

Ben is not changing the way he plays, fans need to accept this more than anything

Ben will make you say, "WTF are you doing?" and "Holy crap that was unbelievable", all on the same play

Pappy
    you've been saying it for years Pap... I jumped on that wagon a few years ago and I'm going to ride it until the wheels fall off.

smh at trading Ben for some draft picks at this point in his career... we waited 20 years for this and Dub wants to trade him for an unknown while Ben is still in his prime? LOL..