Thread: Riddle me this....

Legend

User Info Menu

Riddle me this....

....We didnt and do not plan to sign another LT to replace the guy that never was, Levi Brown, because Mike Adams is now the top reserve if Beachum or Gilbert go down. So, why is Guy Whimper on the roster? He was not allowed to play two games ago when an injury occurred at LG and now Adams is the top reserve??? It really seems like a waste of space. I totally do not understand. Help........
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    ....We didnt and do not plan to sign another LT to replace the guy that never was, Levi Brown, because Mike Adams is now the top reserve if Beachum or Gilbert go down. So, why is Guy Whimper on the roster? He was not allowed to play two games ago when an injury occurred at LG and now Adams is the top reserve??? It really seems like a waste of space. I totally do not understand. Help........
    In the words of Brennan Huff: "I have a belly full of white dog crap in me, and now you lay this sh*t on me?"

Seriously....I think the current state of the Steelers, with all their problems right now, Guy Whimper has got to be somewhere way down the bottom of the list.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They just had a good game. Maybe they have turned it around. Either way, Whimper is a problem because he cant help the team in any way and he is occupying a roster spot. If anyone else goes down for a long period, his position on the team has to come into question.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ...I think the current state of the Steelers, with all their problems right now, Guy Whimper has got to be somewhere way down the bottom of the list.
    My 2 cents, it'd be somewhere right at the top of the list, along with Adams, rather than the bottom. Is Whimper worse than Adams in the coaches eyes, since he didnt' dress a few weeks ago though Adams did?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Not just Whimper, but Cody Wallace...Why are they even on this team?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Not just Whimper, but Cody Wallace...Why are they even on this team?
    Why indeed? I'd add Joe Long to the list as well. Week 7 and 2 of your 3 tackles are so bad you don't dress one that's healthy and the other is so bad the coaches refused to put him in a game even after an injury and Long can't even get a sniff? If he's really a worse o-line option than W squared (Whimper and Wallace) then in the words of Noll, cut this kid and "let him get on with his life's work". He's wasting a spot on the PS.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll add to this list Michael Palmer. If he cannot be counted on to replace David Johnson of all people, why is he occupying a roster spot?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would guess because Whimper's salary is guaranteed & releasing him provides no cap relief with needing a body to replace. I believe the same for Wallace. You know the saying...They made their bed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'll add to this list Michael Palmer. If he cannot be counted on to replace David Johnson of all people, why is he occupying a roster spot?
    The heck of it is...Palmer is a nice young prospect. Made some good plays on Special Teams...a few nice catches in the pre-season. I'm not sure why they wouldn't give the kid a look.