Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This weekend is huge!!

Backup

User Info Menu

This weekend is huge!!

I know this states the obvious because it is Rat bird week. But If we take care of our buisness. I see Cincy losing in Detroit and Cleveland who I think is on the downslide with Weeden. But I see them losing in Green bay. We can pick a game up on everyone with a win.. Plus an awful lot of momentum if it plays out like this. Potentially can cure some of the problems with this team mentally. Really could be the week that can turn our season around. I know there is still some holes to fill but a big part is this team needs to start believing in themselves. This could be the start of that

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I know this states the obvious because it is Rat bird week. But If we take care of our buisness. I see Cincy losing in Detroit and Cleveland who I think is on the downslide with Weeden. But I see them losing in Green bay. We can pick a game up on everyone with a win.. Plus an awful lot of momentum if it plays out like this. Potentially can cure some of the problems with this team mentally. Really could be the week that can turn our season around. I know there is still some holes to fill but a big part is this team needs to start believing in themselves. This could be the start of that
    I agree. We win, and there's some excitement, a little momentum, though still a long way to go.

We lose, and I think we're all but done. That would be a hole so deep, virtually no team could dig out of it. 1-5 with 2 divisional losses is death.

Legend

User Info Menu

And I could grow wings, fly around candy land shooting rainbows out my butt.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

This weekend is huge, the next weekend is huge and all the following weekends are huge, the Steelers have left very little room for error, by having to chase three teams for the division lead after 5 or 6 games depending on whether or not a team has had their bye week.

The Steelers in all likelihood don't have to win every game, but they probably have to win every division game that is left on their schedule.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    This weekend is huge, the next weekend is huge and all the following weekends are huge, the Steelers have left very little room for error, by having to chase three teams for the division lead after 5 or 6 games depending on whether or not a team has had their bye week.

The Steelers in all likelihood don't have to win every game, but they probably have to win every division game that is left on their schedule.

Pappy
    Realistically the Steelers can't lose more than 2 games to have a real shot at a playoff spot.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm with you Bluto.. one W at a time.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll either miss the game because I'm working, or be fired for watching it somehow/somewhere at work.

Either way ...

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the Steelers get beat by the Ravens Sunday...The Fat Lady hit the high note! In the immortal words of Dice..."End of Fookin Story...Ooooo!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    If the Steelers get beat by the Ravens Sunday...The Fat Lady hit the high note! In the immortal words of Dice..."End of Fookin Story...Ooooo!"
    I agree with all above. I guess my point is . Win at home vs the Rats. Good chance rest of division loses this weekend. And that is gonna be as good as this team has felt since the gimme safety vs Tenn. If this happens we are very alive with a capable team to make this very interesting with a lot of games against the division. NO
    one has reached up and grabbed the division. Closest thing is Cincy and they look very vulnerable to this point. Just sayin keep the faith and lets see what happens this weekend.