Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Props to Vince Williams

Administrator

User Info Menu

Props to Vince Williams

Vince Williams had his best game to date. This is why I'm glad that Foote isn't playing. I thoght there was more to gain by playing a younger guy (like Williams) without much downside.

Was Williams best game an indication of better on the d-line? Possibly. Let's hope this trend continues. Williams will have his most physical matchup of the year this week. Hopefully, he's up for the task.

On a side note, I hope Spence still comes back healthy. He's a an explosive player. Also, it doesn't hurt to have some depth at LB... especially ILB
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not sure how you come up with "without much downside". Williams has looked lost on a lot of plays in previous games and since our D-linemen are trying to penetrate instead of eat up blockers he gets washed out on many plays. I would say that there is a big downside in playing him but he is learning faster and he is the best we have right now.

In no way is he even close to being as solid as Foote was in the middle.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Well at least the Kion Wilson experiment is over. He was so overwhelmed out there it was frightening. He shouldn't even be taking a space on the practice squad and he should never put on an NFL uniform again.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'm not sure how you come up with "without much downside". Williams has looked lost on a lot of plays in previous games and since our D-linemen are trying to penetrate instead of eat up blockers he gets washed out on many plays. I would say that there is a big downside in playing him but he is learning faster and he is the best we have right now.

In no way is he even close to being as solid as Foote was in the middle.
    Foote is a waste of space out there and couldn't even cut it on a Lions squad. i'm happy that he's not playing (injury or not) so I don't have to watch him get run over on a play-by-play basis. I don't see any drop off... AT ALL.

Foote was overmatched in just about every aspect of the game. Couldn't cover and got run over on a consistent basis. He had his place when he was younger but not anymore...Thank goodness his days in the B&G are over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Foote is a waste of space out there and couldn't even cut it on a Lions squad. i'm happy that he's not playing (injury or not) so I don't have to watch him get run over on a play-by-play basis. I don't see any drop off... AT ALL.

Foote was overmatched in just about every aspect of the game. Couldn't cover and got run over on a consistent basis. He had his place when he was younger but not anymore...Thank goodness his days in the B&G are over.
    Foote led the Lions D in tackles in 2009.

The least you could do is get your facts straight...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Williams play is by far better than Kion Wilson's. How Tomlin thought Wilson had any potential over Williams is beyond me. I liked what I saw from Williams the other day.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Foote led the Lions D in tackles in 2009.

The least you could do is get your facts straight...
    And they felt so highly of him to let him walk. Impressive.

Larry Foote's strategy to gain those stats must have been to hope the RB trips as they run him over after a 4+ yard gain. That strategy worked pretty well for the Steelers but that doesn't indicate good LB play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    And they felt so highly of him to let him walk. Impressive.

Larry Foote's strategy to gain those stats must have been to hope the RB trips as they run him over after a 4+ yard gain.
    I think we felt highly of him....

and in what world does Detroit make good decisions?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Are you saying that Andre Ware wasn't a good decision?

Administrator

User Info Menu

We let him walk to Detroit? If we felt so highly of him, why did that happen?

Foote's career is over and thank god.... we need to get younger and Foote should be one of the easiest of the old guys on this defense to replace.