Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2013 Week 6 @ Jets

Redundant Thoughts 2013 Week 6 @ Jets

1. I am incredibly grateful that we have something new to talk about this week. Winning is a wonderful feeling.

2. Another thing that was cool – the defensive stop to force a Jets punt on the first scoring drive … that was an important stop. The D is important man. Just ask this reporterette:

3. However, that opening offensive possession did not exactly inspire confidence. In case you are one of the deliriously optimistic people talking Super Bowl now that the Steelers have won ONE game in the last 10 calendar months … we need to remember that the Steelers opening “drive” was an entirely in-character 3 and out featuring a wide receiver screen, an unimpressive run to get it to 3rd and manageable and a third down play that was yet another wide receiver screen that careened comically off the helmets of the Steelers two most effective receivers: Miller and Brown.

5. The Steelers were said to be the least penalized team in 2013 so far.

6. 3rd lead of the whole year @ 6-3 in the second quarter. This pug speaks to me this season …

I didn’t choose the pug life. The pug life chose me.

7. I never thought I’d see the day when I’d refer to two turnovers as a “feast”.

8. That 2 minute drill at the end of the half … urge to kill … rising ..

Ahhh ..that’s better. This gif will never NOT be funny.

9. Midgets racing camels notwithstanding … it was this drive that keeps me pessimistic this week. This used to be Ben’s strength. This team would fritter away the bulk of their quarters with a standard huddle offense, not make much headway but the stout defense would keep them in the game long enough to let Ben work his "no huddle/end of the half" magic. This series starts out with two unimpressive plays and then on a 3rd down Ben takes a TO. He comes out of the TO and the Steelers offense manages to have a false start. So now it is 3rd and long. Brown makes a tough catch and does “the Santonio” to indicate first down because, you know, the refs need all the help they can get. Then as the Steelers move into field goal range they draw an illegal formation penalty – which is declined in favor of the lousy play that begat the penalty. Then the Steelers drew a false start … again - 3rd and 12 and back out of field goal range. The next play puts them BACK in field goal range and results in some pushing and shoving. Composure, discipline – this team lacks them.

10. 9-3 at the half, right? There is no WAY Geno Smith is going to score on this D with only 40 seconds left right? It’s all about the D!

11. Of course … 9-6 at the half. 7 plays, 53 yards in 41 seconds by Geno Smith.

12. To the exuberant Steelers football player who did a flip while scoring a touchdown on a winless team I offer two gifs for your careful consideration:

In your face, Grandma!

This goalie is all like, "Blocked it! Bring on my grandma, she's got nothing!"

13. I know we’ve beat it to death but the whole “Ben never gets roughing the passer called unless the refs are ACCUSING him of it” thing is getting old. It isn’t even an argument as to whether a double-standard exists or not.

14. The Steelers were 6 for 16 on 3rd down with 2.8 yards per rush. Yep, sounds like they have a patchwork O line.

15. And that hit by Polamalu at the end of the half was a thing of beauty …. AND legal … and painful. However, Hill’s holding onto the ball and making the catch was better.

16. Perspective: Motivation is a wicked, sometimes elusive and always a personal thing. And the obstacles to greatness are sometimes aligned with the obstacles to happiness and sometimes they are not.

Does it bother me to be negative after a win? Yes it does. Am I justified in doing so? Absolutely. One of you geniuses posted something to the effect of “the Steelers did not turn the ball over, did not give up big plays and won”. That is a perfect summation of this game. There was no imposition of will. There was no thrashing of a solid opponent. There was “we didn’t shoot ourselves in our foot”. This game makes me optimistic that the Jaguars won’t embarrass this team but not much else. Respect is earned as is my enthusiasm. But, keeping it in perspective, it sure feels good to see them win.
    Last edited by redundantman; 02-02-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Pro Bowler
    Nice work as always sir, thanks for this, needed a chuckle this morning.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by redundantman View Post
    Does it bother me to be negative after a win? Yes it does. Am I justified in doing so? Absolutely. One of you geniuses posted something to the effect of “the Steelers did not turn the ball over, did not give up big plays and won”. That is a perfect summation of this game. There was no imposition of will. There was no thrashing of a solid opponent. There was “we didn’t shoot ourselves in our foot”. This game makes me optimistic that the Jaguars won’t embarrass this team but not much else. Respect is earned as is my enthusiasm. But, keeping it in perspective, it sure feels good to see them win.
    Thank you for recognizing my genius...

Imagine what the record would be if they hadn't spent four weeks shooting off their feet...

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    Nice work as always sir, thanks for this, needed a chuckle this morning.
    redundantman strikes again ... and again ... and AGAIN ...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Thank you for recognizing my genius...

Imagine what the record would be if they hadn't spent four weeks shooting off their feet...
    You are welcome and never fear ... there is still plenty of time left for this team to resume their foot-shooting ways. They are "coached" by Mike Tomlin after all.

Pro Bowler
    I have to admit to being disappointed in the banana eating video. I would guarantee, 100%, and a life time of paychecks that chick could have taken down the entire banana, no bites, in one swallow and not gagged a bit.

[QUOTE=Ghost;579276]
    Last edited by redundantman; 02-02-2014 at 06:01 PM.

The young lady is famous ... she made an appearance on "America's Got Talent" as a "rapper" .... she was hitting on Howard Stern.
    Howard Stern is the man! I listen to him everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Howard Stern is the man! I listen to him everyday.
    The hipnness tide might be turning against Stern. There are accussations recently that he's jumped the shark. Fame can be a fickle mistress but I am sure Mr Stern sleeps well on his pile of money.

The hipnness tide might be turning against Stern. There are accussations recently that he's jumped the shark. Fame can be a fickle mistress but I am sure Mr Stern sleeps well on his pile of money.
    He's had a pretty good run to this point...if you consider that it was almost 20 years ago that I got "Butt Bongo Fiesta" on VHS...and he has been successful long before that...