Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dont give up on Levi Brown just yet....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    nah. bring him back next spring to compete for a roster spot, he has the pedigree
    what pedigree? Being a high draft pick is his only pedigree.

the guy can't stay healthy.

get rid of him and go with someone who might actually play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    (LT)Matthews--(LG)Foster--(C)DeCastro--(RG)Brown--(RT)Beachum

Can see how a tam could run behind that.

And Brown is perfect for playing inside. His strength is run blocking.
    Dee, just out of curiosity why do you think DeCastro would make a good center? Has he ever played the position before?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Dee, just out of curiosity why do you think DeCastro would make a good center? Has he ever played the position before?
    DeCastro is starting to sound like Jeff Hartings, who really was a major contributor in the last decade.

I was going to ask if Levi had any background playing guard, but I did not know he was back on IR. IR 2 years in a row. Forget it. Look elsewhere.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Unless he gets stronger I just dont see him staying a guard. When I watch him I see him getting pushed back consistently from many of the leagues DT's. I think he could benefit from not having a man directly over him more times than not. I had brought up the comparison of Jeff Hastings before. He too was once a guard and became an even better center. I think DeCastro has good lateral movement, he's smart, could handle the line protection calls, and would be above average at getting out in front and pulling like how the Steelers used Dermonti Dawson.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    We should just play EVERYONE out of position and GET RID of all the good players we have! That'd be great.
    Personally I dont think Levi Brown should have ever played tackle. He is far better suited inside at guard. His strength is run blocking not pass blocking. And in case some of you dont know he is one of the better run blockers in the league (when healthy).

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally I dont think Levi Brown should have ever played tackle. He is far better suited inside at guard. His strength is run blocking not pass blocking. And in case some of you dont know he is one of the better run blockers in the league (when healthy).
    I don't ever remember hearing that about Brown but I don't pay much attention to G's nor AZ's running game. Have they every had a running game?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don't ever remember hearing that about Brown but I don't pay much attention to G's nor AZ's running game. Have they every had a running game?
    News Flash!!! One player good run blocker along the O-line does not make for a successful running game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Levi has a base salary of $6 million next year. We don't have that kind of room on our cap. Arizona already swallowed the remainder of his signing bonus, so we would owe him nothing on our cap if we cut him after the season. Which I expect us to do.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Levi has a base salary of $6 million next year. We don't have that kind of room on our cap. Arizona already swallowed the remainder of his signing bonus, so we would owe him nothing on our cap if we cut him after the season. Which I expect us to do.
    Well where he only has 1 good arm maybe we can get him for 3 million next year.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

News Flash!!! One player good run blocker along the O-line does not make for a successful running game.
    that's why I also stated I never heard Brown getting compliments for his run blocking.