Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No more flips into ez

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No more flips into ez

Per MT press
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Another thing that seems like it should of been a fundamental team rule placed back in training camp. This team is straight up reactionary instead of being sound from top to bottom.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Another thing that seems like it should of been a fundamental team rule placed back in training camp. This team is straight up reactionary instead of being sound from top to bottom.
    There are some things that one would think would be; a) commonsense and/or b) unforeseeable as necessary to address when dealing with professional athletes. I guess you address those issues when it is shown that your players a) lack commonsense and/or b) show that they do not know how to act as professionals. For example, I'm sure that in Von Miller's situation, he was told many times prior to his taking drugs ... well, you get the point I'm sure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    There are some things that one would think would be; a) commonsense and/or b) unforeseeable as necessary to address when dealing with professional athletes. I guess you address those issues when it is shown that your players a) lack commonsense and/or b) show that they do not know how to act as professionals. For example, I'm sure that in Von Miller's situation, he was told many times prior to his taking drugs ... well, you get the point I'm sure.
    Le'Veon Bell flipped unnecessarily into the endzone on one of his first NFL carries....after missing a boatload of time for being injured....would of been a good opportunity there to end it, don't you think?
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Le'Veon Bell flipped unnecessarily into the endzone on one of his first NFL carries....after missing a boatload of time for being injured....would of been a good opportunity there to end it, don't you think?
    He got grace because it was his first NFL TD. He was told not to do it anymore after that. Did anyone think that someone else on the team would do it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    He got grace because it was his first NFL TD. He was told not to do it anymore after that. Did anyone think that someone else on the team would do it?
    I did and I still do...

if Sanders, Brown or any other WR not named Heath makes a big play to score a TD I would expect them to do a flip or some other crazy celebration because they live in the moment and play a GAME for our entertainment.

The 60's aren't coming back.. sorry folks. Celebrations made the NFL popular. The championship game didn't mean squat until they called it the SUPER BOWL and added a bunch of flair. The gloves, the visors, the multiple unis.. you can't gloss up the players and the league and expect players in 2013 to run back to the huddle LIKE HEATH.

If it is that upsetting..turn it off and watch the oldies because these kids are having fun playing a game. Sorry folks.. those days are done.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I so agree...why are basics not being covered by these coaches!!! Makes you wonder about the other basics that might not be covered...hmm

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't mind it. It's not as if scoring TDs is a common occurrence for this team. They had it 1st and goal on the 2 and didn't get one. A little exuberance after a sweet play was kind of fun.

This is up there with cutting Butler for Mesko. Looks/sounds good but there was zero change in productivity (possibly less). Activity does not equal accomplishment. Silly and stupid rules - no flips, no ping-pong, etc. are laughable when you have a 1-4 team that can't block at all, puts little to no pressure on the opposing QB, can't score TDs and took 5 games to get the first turnover. Stop pretending to coach and provide leadership and actually do it. This petty micro-management BS aggravates me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Silly and stupid rules - no flips, no ping-pong, etc. are laughable when you have a 1-4 team that can't block at all, puts little to no pressure on the opposing QB, can't score TDs and took 5 games to get the first turnover. Stop pretending to coach and provide leadership and actually do it. This petty micro-management BS aggravates me.
    I think that is pessimistic. Our most recent game was a success so that is the most recent data we have to go on and therefore carries the most weight. If the players responded and won a game, then by all means makes more rules so we win more games.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I think that is pessimistic. Our most recent game was a success so that is the most recent data we have to go on and therefore carries the most weight. If the players responded and won a game, then by all means makes more rules so we win more games.
    Oh please. You can't just ignore 4 straight losses b/c they beat a less than average team with a rookie QB who's been a turnover machine. And you certainly can't ignore that embarrassing loss to the crappy Vikings. You also can't ignore the inability to score TDs or apply pressure on the opposing QB. Let's try to win a second game before we decide the issues are in the rear view mirror.

I stand by what I said - activity does not equal production. Do some real coaching. Coach up some players to make them play better. Be a leader of men. But don't ban ping-pong and act as if you are somehow leading on a level of Winston Churchill or FDR.

They just lost a tackle, one they signed out of pure desperation with their current o-line situation, and to backfill they signed another TE that adds zero to this roster. Not leadership in the least. It's the exact opposite - pathetic.