Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: No more flips into ez

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Aaron Rodgers doing his championship belt move is so black.
    If you are going to use that as your example, please get it right - it's the discount double check move....

And feltdizz, you kid, there, get off my lawn....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Yeah, because Philip Rivers and his black self need to stop his "look at me" antics ... Clay Mathews Jr. too. And while we're at it, let's tell Tom Brady he's too white bread for his antics and so on, and so on and so on.

Attachment 954

I see you Jordy Nelson ... Celebrating like a black boy .. Stop that this instant!

"Black Culture" ... don't know whether to shake my head or just laugh.
    He's no HEATH

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If you are going to use that as your example, please get it right - it's the discount double check move....

wow.. that move got him a nice check. Hmm...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

wait a minute... you mean to tell me you can get paid for having a signature move? Aaron Rodgers is so gangster... I bet he can dance his azzz off.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Harry Reid does a full forward flip on the Senate floor, then we know this stuff has gone too far.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Say what you want regarding my comment, and feel free to paint me as some sheet wearing racist if you feel you must, but I simply pointed something out I feel is a culture thing. If you see no difference between a guy doing a hand gesture after a TD and a guy doing full on front flips after a TD, or a guy doing nothing after an 8 yard first down vs. a guy stomping down field away from his team holding the ball out and going nuts for a simple first down then that is fine. There is a difference between celebrating in a normal manner at an appropriate time, and going completely over the top, and I think that is pretty apparent. I'd say I'm a realist, not a racist.

Pointing out Jordy Nelson as a white dude that celebrates does nothing to disprove my statement. Ever hear of Eminem? Roll on up to Ross Park Mall on any given Saturday and I'll gladly point out half a dozen white kids walking around with their hats on cock-eyed with their pants sagging below their butts speaking in a manner that makes Lil' Wayne sound like James Earl Jones. White people do jump on in to trends that start as black culture whether its actions, clothing choices, rap, or rock n' roll.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Say what you want regarding my comment, and feel free to paint me as some sheet wearing racist if you feel you must, but I simply pointed something out I feel is a culture thing. If you see no difference between a guy doing a hand gesture after a TD and a guy doing full on front flips after a TD, or a guy doing nothing after an 8 yard first down vs. a guy stomping down field away from his team holding the ball out and going nuts for a simple first down then that is fine. There is a difference between celebrating in a normal manner at an appropriate time, and going completely over the top, and I think that is pretty apparent. I'd say I'm a realist, not a racist.

Pointing out Jordy Nelson as a white dude that celebrates does nothing to disprove my statement. Ever hear of Eminem? Roll on up to Ross Park Mall on any given Saturday and I'll gladly point out half a dozen white kids walking around with their hats on cock-eyed with their pants sagging below their butts speaking in a manner that makes Lil' Wayne sound like James Earl Jones. White people do jump on in to trends that start as black culture whether its actions, clothing choices, rap, or rock n' roll.
    stop focusing/blaming it on race if you don't want to be viewed that way....

pointing out Jordy Nelson definitely disproves your statement and defending them like they are forced to do these moves is insane. 2 players do the same move and somehow the black guy's move is soooo much worse. LOL...

what a joke.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess black culture is to blame for these guys as well... I'm sorry, that's just white dudes doing "there" thing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    stop focusing/blaming it on race if you don't want to be viewed that way....

pointing out Jordy Nelson definitely disproves your statement and defending them like they are forced to do these moves is insane. 2 players do the same move and somehow the black guy's move is soooo much worse. LOL...

what a joke.
    As I said, I am talking about the inappropriate over the top celebrations after minimal acheivements. And your pointing out one crazy white dude for every 20 black dudes in the NFL here. I really don't care if you think there is no difference between black and white culturally and what they do. My opinion is that there are cultural differences. You think there is a difference between sacking the other QB and catching an 8 yard first down pass? Pointing out 5 examples of white dudes acting like 'Look at me' buttholes when I could point at 100 black dudes today is a reach. And the fact you had to dig back to the 60's, 70's, and 80's to find a handful of examples is the joke.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 10-17-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    As I said, I am talking about the inappropriate over the top celebrations after minimal acheivements. And your pointing out one crazy white dude for every 20 black dudes in the NFL here. I really don't care if you think there is no difference between black and white culturally and what they do. My opinion is that there are cultural differences. You think there is a difference between sacking the other QB and catching an 8 yard first down pass? Pointing out 5 examples of white dudes acting like 'Look at me' buttholes when I could point at 100 black dudes today is a reach. And the fact you had to dig back to the 60's, 70's, and 80's to find a handful of examples is the joke.
    pointing back to the 60's, 70's and 80's PROVES they weren't "imitating black culture"... it's just white guys doing what they felt they needed to do to hype themselves up or get endorsments. Some operate like Heath... some operate like Shockey.

and here's another news flash... there are more black players than white players in the NFL (especially at WR) so it's no surprise you see more blacks celebrating. That's like me turning on a hockey game and wondering why white guys are fighting all the time.

as far as cultural differences... maybe, but I think the real difference is white and black players in the NFL make tons of money to play a sport.. they live a very different life than most and live in a totally different culture than all of us. The chances of Keisel wearing that beard in a corporate setting is slim...

is there a difference between sacking the QB and getting a first down? Yep.. a sack on first down doesn't end a drive but Keisel can play his guitar and it's all good. Have you ever screamed "get back to the huddle" at Keisel because all he is doing is his job? Doubt it.. but let Brown get a first down and point and you lose your sh!t because he's black.

let's face you.. you opened a can of WTF with that post and not treating all these players equally is very telling.

It reminds me of a convo I had the other day with a white guy at the sports bar. He just lost his job and I was trying to hook him up with an interview because he sounded like a great salesman and we had a position open. All of a sudden he tells me he isn't a racist but hates Obama and wonders why my "brothers" were committing so much crime. I told him my "brother" graduated from the Naval Academy and works in upper management... and all of my "brothers" who I associate with work in corporate America, own homes, etc...

then I asked him what he is doing about his "white brothers" who commit crime. He had no answer... and remember, this is the guy with no job trying to tell ME about my "brothers"

I say all this because it's too easy for some to focus on a few blacks and use a broad strokes to paint every black player and then turn around and downplay the white players when they do it or act like it's "just a few"

black and white culture has nothing to do with this convo.. this is strictly about a new generation of players who celebrate because they can and some make a nice chunk of change off of there moves with endorsement deals. Its look at me nation... and it's done by all races.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-17-2013 at 10:14 AM.