Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No more flips into ez

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr.me View Post
    i hope he told Brown to stop dropping the damn ball,to then!!!
    No injury risk in that.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought he landed a bit more awkwardly than he hoped, on the flat of his back, rather than rolling. For a brief moment I thought he might have hurt himself.

But back to the title of this thread ... was Flippy in the end zone???

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Silly and stupid rules - no flips, no ping-pong, etc. are laughable when you have a 1-4 team that can't block at all, puts little to no pressure on the opposing QB, can't score TDs and took 5 games to get the first turnover. Stop pretending to coach and provide leadership and actually do it. This petty micro-management BS aggravates me.
    I think that is pessimistic. Our most recent game was a success so that is the most recent data we have to go on and therefore carries the most weight. If the players responded and won a game, then by all means makes more rules so we win more games.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he should do it after every first down.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Man I thought it was funny to see it happen. I don't see it as an issue this time. If I were to say happen over and over than yea, stop with the flips. But for a team who finally get it's first win and at that point in the game we pushed out lead to two scores ,for the first time all season, I thought it was cool.

I'd say flip *after* you score the dang TD. Flipping on your way in is a sure fire way of losing the ball at the last second and handing the opponents a touchback instead of getting a TD.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well then how about flipping when somebody else on the team scores? Or is it all about him?

IMO, act like you've been there before, and leave the flipping to the cheerleaders (of which we have none, for a good reason).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I think he should do it after every first down.
    we already have a guy who showboats every first down he makes...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I think that is pessimistic. Our most recent game was a success so that is the most recent data we have to go on and therefore carries the most weight. If the players responded and won a game, then by all means makes more rules so we win more games.
    Oh please. You can't just ignore 4 straight losses b/c they beat a less than average team with a rookie QB who's been a turnover machine. And you certainly can't ignore that embarrassing loss to the crappy Vikings. You also can't ignore the inability to score TDs or apply pressure on the opposing QB. Let's try to win a second game before we decide the issues are in the rear view mirror.

I stand by what I said - activity does not equal production. Do some real coaching. Coach up some players to make them play better. Be a leader of men. But don't ban ping-pong and act as if you are somehow leading on a level of Winston Churchill or FDR.

They just lost a tackle, one they signed out of pure desperation with their current o-line situation, and to backfill they signed another TE that adds zero to this roster. Not leadership in the least. It's the exact opposite - pathetic.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Well then how about flipping when somebody else on the team scores? Or is it all about him?

IMO, act like you've been there before, and leave the flipping to the cheerleaders (of which we have none, for a good reason).
    +1...I couldn't agree more...

Too much of the "me" generation i guess...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we already have a guy who showboats every first down he makes...

the thing that makes this so bad for me is the dramatic pause before he lets go of the ball....its a first down for cryin out lucy. hate to tell you, but theres a couple hundred a weekend. I like the emotion but maybe it can be better served in other ways imo