Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David J and Levi

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

David J and Levi

Put on IR promoted IGreen and sign Te Richard Gordon.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Put on IR promoted IGreen and sign Te Richard Gordon.
    Unreal, it looks like that was a stupid trade getting Levi
    Brown.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tjs1974 View Post
    Unreal, it looks like that was a stupid trade getting Levi
    Brown.
    There was very little risk, I believe something like a seventh rounder. It is hard to act as a GM if you do so in fear.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    There was very little risk, I believe something like a seventh rounder. It is hard to act as a GM if you do so in fear.
    Not really. I knew the OT's we had sucked back in March.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Not really. I knew the OT's we had sucked back in March.
    We all did.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    We all did.
    Apparently not all considering we didn't address the position in free agency or the draft...when capable OT's were available. I would of cut Troy and Ike to sign OT Long. The defense played more sound with Will Allen last year than it does with Troy playing Superman.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers did not sign a tackle to replace Brown, feeling that Mike Adams "just has to be ready to play better," said a team source.

Did they really need another TE? If Joe Long can't be brought up after Adams was made inactive while healthy, Whimper is so far "below the line" he can't play in games, and Brown just went on IR: why the hell is even on the practice squad?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The Steelers did not sign a tackle to replace Brown, feeling that Mike Adams "just has to be ready to play better," said a team source.

Did they really need another TE? If Joe Long can't be brought up after Adams was made inactive while healthy, Whimper is so far "below the line" he can't play in games, and Brown just went on IR: why the hell is even on the practice squad?
    More of the head scratching that we all have been doing this year when it comes to personnel.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

since Levi didn't play does this mean we get to keep the draft pick?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Did they really need another TE?
    Hi Ed, are we again in search of another offensive tackle? Max Starks a possibility?

Ed Bouchette: No, because you can't have enough tight ends, at least if you are the Steelers. They signed Richard Gordon, another tight end and no offensive tackle. They now have four tight ends and three offensive tackles, unless you count Guy Whimper, who also is a guard....The Steelers have a fascination with tight ends, no matter their ability.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/chat/[/URL]