Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: David J and Levi

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    2,799

    David J and Levi

    Put on IR promoted IGreen and sign Te Richard Gordon.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Put on IR promoted IGreen and sign Te Richard Gordon.
    Unreal, it looks like that was a stupid trade getting Levi
    Brown.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs1974 View Post
    Unreal, it looks like that was a stupid trade getting Levi
    Brown.
    There was very little risk, I believe something like a seventh rounder. It is hard to act as a GM if you do so in fear.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    There was very little risk, I believe something like a seventh rounder. It is hard to act as a GM if you do so in fear.
    Not really. I knew the OT's we had sucked back in March.
    @_Hellgrammite

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Not really. I knew the OT's we had sucked back in March.
    We all did.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    We all did.
    Apparently not all considering we didn't address the position in free agency or the draft...when capable OT's were available. I would of cut Troy and Ike to sign OT Long. The defense played more sound with Will Allen last year than it does with Troy playing Superman.
    @_Hellgrammite

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,998
    The Steelers did not sign a tackle to replace Brown, feeling that Mike Adams "just has to be ready to play better," said a team source.

    Did they really need another TE? If Joe Long can't be brought up after Adams was made inactive while healthy, Whimper is so far "below the line" he can't play in games, and Brown just went on IR: why the hell is even on the practice squad?

  8. #8
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    8,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The Steelers did not sign a tackle to replace Brown, feeling that Mike Adams "just has to be ready to play better," said a team source.

    Did they really need another TE? If Joe Long can't be brought up after Adams was made inactive while healthy, Whimper is so far "below the line" he can't play in games, and Brown just went on IR: why the hell is even on the practice squad?
    More of the head scratching that we all have been doing this year when it comes to personnel.

    Pappy


    1.25) Artie Burns - CB, Miami (Mackensie Aleander)
    2.58 ) Sean Davis - S/CB, Maryland (Deion Jones)
    3.89) Javon Hargrave - DT, S. Carolina St. (Nick Vannett)
    4.123) Jerald Hawkins - OT, LSU (Deandre Houston-Carson)
    6.220) Travis Feeny - OLB, Wash (Darius Jackson)
    7.227) Demarcus Ayers - WR, Hou (Graham Glasgow)
    7.246) Tyler Matakevich - OLB, Temple (Travis Feeney)


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17,827
    since Levi didn't play does this mean we get to keep the draft pick?

  10. #10
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    17,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The Steelers did not sign a tackle to replace Brown, feeling that Mike Adams "just has to be ready to play better," said a team source.

    Did they really need another TE?
    Hi Ed, are we again in search of another offensive tackle? Max Starks a possibility?

    Ed Bouchette: No, because you can't have enough tight ends, at least if you are the Steelers. They signed Richard Gordon, another tight end and no offensive tackle. They now have four tight ends and three offensive tackles, unless you count Guy Whimper, who also is a guard....The Steelers have a fascination with tight ends, no matter their ability.

    [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/chat/[/URL]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •