Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders on the trade block?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Emmanuel Sanders on the trade block?

Heard it on the radio today. ESPN radio said he was a target for several teams needing a WR.

San Francisco, New England, Green Bay, and Detroit.

Squeeze that trigger!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

If they have an idication his contract demands are going to be above what they have or will pay, trade him while teams have a real need and will pay more.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Pulling the trigger to get rid of an offensive weapon would just be shooting ourselves in the porter, IMO.

... *Unless we got a quality lineman to protect Ben in return!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They mentioned this on Football Night in America last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

The time to get rid of Sanders would have been this offseason, when the Steelers could have let him go to New England for a third. However, if one of those teams is will to part with a good pick for Sanders, I think you have to at least listen.

Sanders is a very good route runner, but I haven't seen him come down with enough tough catches for the Steelers to give him big money.

Backup

User Info Menu

Probably a result of that flip into the endzone...act like you have been there before...someone is going to get hurt with those crazy TD celebrations.

Seriously though, if we could fill in some current gaps I would be for it...I like Sanders but I have a feeling he is going to want too much money to extend him long term. We already have another receiver just like him in Wheaton.

I am hoping that the next receiver we sign has some size...enough with all the smurfs...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not impressed with Sanders enough to want to see the Steelers pay him what I suspect other teams will.

If they can still get that 3rd out of a team, I say go for it. This is a lost season anyways, might as well stock up on picks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I'm not impressed with Sanders enough to want to see the Steelers pay him what I suspect other teams will.

If they can still get that 3rd out of a team, I say go for it. This is a lost season anyways, might as well stock up on picks.
    In the immortal words ...

NotDeadYet.jpg

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we are in position to part with him, since WR is the position we seem to do the best with in the draft. That would leave us Brown, Cotch, Wheaton, and Moye...and the four TEs. Would prefer not to see him in NE though. Let them suffer all year with their depleted WR corps.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

The reports that I've heard are that other teams want him, not that the Steelers are looking to get rid of him. They won't let him go cheaper than the third rounder that they could have had.