Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders on the trade block?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Maybe Belichick will trade a pick for Sanders and then turn Dobson into a CB.
    Tiproast, what are your opinions regarding Marcus Cannon? I liked that guy coming out of TCU, but he fell in the draft due to the lymphoma which was diagnosed at his combine physical, if I recall correctly. You guys are set at tackle with Solder and Vollmer, and Cannon's now cancer free and a solid backup at multiple OL positions for you, I believe. Cannon seems like a bigger, more physical version of Kelvin Beachum to me, and should be an upgrade when compared to the likes of Adams and Gilbert. Would you think a trade with someone like Sanders going to NE and someone like Cannon coming to Pittsburgh could be realistic?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Tiproast, what are your opinions regarding Marcus Cannon? I liked that guy coming out of TCU, but he fell in the draft due to the lymphoma which was diagnosed at his combine physical, if I recall correctly. You guys are set at tackle with Solder and Vollmer, and Cannon's now cancer free and a solid backup at multiple OL positions for you, I believe. Cannon seems like a bigger, more physical version of Kelvin Beachum to me, and should be an upgrade when compared to the likes of Adams and Gilbert. Would you think a trade with someone like Sanders going to NE and someone like Cannon coming to Pittsburgh could be realistic?
    Ha even if you two can work out a trade it will still mean nothing........or are you connected to the FO and not telling us

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Pats o-line is not up to their usual standard this year. Cannon didn't look very good coming off the bench last week and going in at RG - Brady was sacked on a blitz up the middle on his first play (even though Brady pointed out the guy who would be blitzing).

But anyone can have a bad play or even a bad game - last year Cannon played pretty well, subbing at both guard and tackle. He would likely start for several teams in the league. I don't know that Belichick would give him up very easily - Brady has been making chicken salad out of the mess at WR for almost his whole career. A Sanders-Cannon trade, while it might look even to casual fans like us, probably wouldn't tempt Belichick - especially the last couple of years when capable offensive linemen seem to be hard to find, for almost every team in the league.