Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders on the trade block?

Legend

User Info Menu

send him to NE for Dobson

Legend

User Info Menu

It is a mentality. I have less problem when you are on top, but when you are at the bottom, your focus should be a more serious pursuit of the top.

Living in Toronto, this drove me nuts. After any Blue Jays home run, or big play etc. You would see a huge variety of handshakes between different players, as if each pair of players has their own handshake routine. Looked a little too choreographed for my liking. I wish they would have spent more time practicing hitting and pitching instead of their celebrations.

You want to showboat, do something worth showboating over - for the team. A TD is great, but it was early third Q and you are 0-4 as a team. I'd have less of an issue if it was the New England situation - last minute to take the team to 5-1.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    We cant take a pick. How will we pay for another pick in the upcoming draft? We must be making a lot of cuts.
    picks are cheap...

Administrator

User Info Menu

I said it from the beginning... if the Steelers have no intention of signing him long term then why not take the 3rd round NE pick when they had a chance.... If they can still get the same thing or possibly a LT out of this then by all means.. do that. I just hate losing players and gaining nothing out of it especially when we have the chance to gain something in return.

BTW... not only do I HATE that flipping into the endzone crap, Sanders fumbled AGAIN!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers are going nowhere so I see no reason to NOT trade him for a 3rd if its there for the taking. Gets rid of a WR that won't be here long term allowing a younger WR to step up (don't replace him with Cotchery), and gains us a 3rd to replace the pick we gave up for Shamarko.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    The Steelers are going nowhere so I see no reason to NOT trade him for a 3rd if its there for the taking. Gets rid of a WR that won't be here long term allowing a younger WR to step up (don't replace him with Cotchery), and gains us a 3rd to replace the pick we gave up for Shamarko.
    Definitely agree with this.....
    Let's see what Moye brings to the table and Wheaton when he comes back.
    No need to let him walk after the season w/o anything in return or do we receive a compensation pick if he signs elsewhere next year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Dobson is worse than Sanders... I watched him run the wrong route 4 times and drop 8 passes in one game. He's improved but with Ben throwing to him on our O you would be very upset.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who says we need a WR in return?
    Have we given up on Wheaton already?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No way the STeelers trade him now. Now, if we lose horribly to Baltimore, maybe they would consider it. But, right now that would send a terrible message to a team that finally won a game. The FO/coaching staff still believe we can save this season.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    No way the STeelers trade him now. Now, if we lose horribly to Baltimore, maybe they would consider it. But, right now that would send a terrible message to a team that finally won a game. The FO/coaching staff still believe we can save this season.
    Trade deadline is 29 Oct.

Could be a couple of horrible losses by then.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash