Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders on the trade block?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The reports that I've heard are that other teams want him, not that the Steelers are looking to get rid of him. They won't let him go cheaper than the third rounder that they could have had.
    Absolutely

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

should have taken the 3rd when it was there.

no way they get that much now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Please, not a 2nd rounder for Colbert and Tomlin to draft. Seriously though, I'd take a 2nd or late 1st, or a solid young OL for him now. And we have another Brown down on the practice squad who I think will be a good WR (and he has the size).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BTW, I hated that stupid indulgent EZ flip when I saw it on highlights.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

sorry, but you are dreaming if you think any team is coming off a 2nd or late 1st.

3rd was the high water mark and they blew it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    sorry, but you are dreaming if you think any team is coming off a 2nd or late 1st.

3rd was the high water mark and they blew it.
    Yes, I am overstating his worth. But make them pay if they want him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would take a 4th and wave bye-bye

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    BTW, I hated that stupid indulgent EZ flip when I saw it on highlights.
    I was not a fan of the flip either. It was almost as annoying as the Brown first down signal after a catch. Santonio started it and Brown is continuing it. (I must be getting old...Stupid Kids! )

Legend

User Info Menu

We cant take a pick. How will we pay for another pick in the upcoming draft? We must be making a lot of cuts.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Sanders' senseless showboating

October 15, 2013
    By Bob Smizik / Special to the Post-Gazette

Nobody asked me, but ...

• The nature of 21st century athletes, particularly those in the National Football League, is such that look-at-me showboating cannot fully be curbed. But when a player can incur a possible season-ending injury in pre-game warmups, isn't it about time to call for an end to this stupidity that often accompanies touchdowns? It's time for some coach somewhere to tell his players that performing somersaults upon crossing the goal line, as the Steelers Emmanuel Sanders did Sunday, is forbidden.

• Players like Sanders should be shown a video of Kendrys Morales leaping upon home plate to celebrate a grand-slam home run in 2010 and in the process breaking his leg. Morales missed about 250 games in recovery and cost himself millions, if not tens of millions in future earnings.

• If Mike Tomlin can take away the Steelers harmless pursuit of ping-pong in the locker room before, between and after practices, why can't he tell his players to cross the goal line standing up? Some coach somewhere is going to look like a complete fool if one of his players is seriously injured in a touchdown-scoring stunt.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/smizik-on-sports/sanders-senseless-showboating-707612/http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/smizik-on-sports/sanders-senseless-showboating-707612/#ixzz2hlSSczkz[/URL]