Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One thing I didn't see much of yesterday ... WR drops to put us in the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    freaking idiots celebrating a TD... sho hate it.
    A TD is something, not much, most teams do it 2 or 3 times a game, but it is something, it means more to the Steeler offense than other offenses, because the Steeler offense doesn't do it very much, so I can understand their excitement. Celebrate away, oh, and Sanders should certainly continue to do front flips onto his back, that was brilliant.

Pappy

1.22) Alvin "Bud" Dupree, OLB/DE, Kentucky
    2.56) Senquez Golson, CB/S, Ole Miss
    3.87) Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
    4.121) Doran Grant, CB, OSU
    5.160) Jesse James, TE, PSU
    6.199) Letterius Walton, DT, Central Michigan
    6.212) Anthony Chickillo, DE, Miami
    7.239) Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    For ****s and giggles, I'd like to see how much shorter the field is for the Broncos, Chargers, Cowboys, Falcons, Giants, Packers, Patriots, Ravens and Saints.
    You asked...and you shall receive. I googled "nfl average starting field position" and got this. If you scroll down to the second set of stats, the one we are looking for is "LOS/Dr" or line of scrimmage per drive. There is an offensive and defensive stat. To give us an idea, the top five offensive average starts with their record in brackets are:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

1 KC (6-0)
    2 Seattle (5-1)
    3 NO (5-1)
    4 NE (5-1)
    5 Ari (3-3)

Sensing a trend? The only team below an .833 winning percentage is Arizona, and they are a surprise to be as good as 3-3.

The bottom five:

32 Pit (1-4)
    31 Was (1-4)
    30 Cin (4-2)
    29 TB (0-5)
    28 NYJ (3-3)

Defensively

1 NE
    2 KC
    3 NO
    4 Ari
    5 SD (3-3)

and the worst

32 NYG (0-6)
    31 Jax (0-soon to be 16)
    30 NYJ
    29 Cin
    28 Min (1-4)

Our Steelers are 24th. Cincy may be 4-2 and near the bottom of these stats, but they were supposed to look like a SB team this year and they haven't. Other than that, I'd say that the numbers say a lot. This field position issue is an interesting and undervalued stat, and should be looked at with greater importance.