Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Heyward

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so because cowher made mistakes you advocate and support tomlin doing the same?.....brilliant
    of course not... but too many people reference Cowher like he wouldn't make this mistake.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    due to cheating...
    I see people on the board mention this a lot. Out of curiosity, is this something you guys really believe or is it just a tongue in cheek thing/sarcasm regarding the Patriots success? I know it's probably dumb on my part that I have to ask, but I am curious if people really buy that idea.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I see people on the board mention this a lot. Out of curiosity, is this something you guys really believe or is it just a tongue in cheek thing/sarcasm regarding the Patriots success? I know it's probably dumb on my part that I have to ask, but I am curious if people really buy that idea.
    Hell yeah they cheated... not saying these guys didn't have skill but that team cheated like crazy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    The Patriots were definitely caught videoing opponents and the NFL punished them for that. The usefulness of the videos can not be determined, however, since the penalty for videoing their opponents the Patriots haven't won much in the post season. Many people like to correlate their lack of performance in the playoffs to not having the videos to review. That and Tom Brady's comment "It's easy to answer the questions, when you know the questions on the test." or something like that. Everyone assumes he was talking about having the videos to review, but in reality, I believe he was referring to one of his coaches who has a photographic memory and was able to give Tom more information about an opponent than most assistant coaches can.

Me, I don't know if the videos helped or not, but it's over and done with, fines have been paid and draft picks have been taken, it's over as far as I'm concerned. I don't like it, because, potentially it cost the Steelers a shot at another Super Bowl, but there's no way to positively say whether it did or didn't.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Kudos to Cam....
    About time these idiots realized Ziggy "skates" Hood is not a fit for this team.
    Now just let Fangupo dress for a FN game and lets see what he has up the middle.
    I see where Ariz is at least allowing Ta'amu to sniff the field once in awhile. Couldn't hurt for us to do the same with the guy we kept over him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Patriots were definitely caught videoing opponents and the NFL punished them for that. The usefulness of the videos can not be determined, however, since the penalty for videoing their opponents the Patriots haven't won much in the post season. Many people like to correlate their lack of performance in the playoffs to not having the videos to review. That and Tom Brady's comment "It's easy to answer the questions, when you know the questions on the test." or something like that. Everyone assumes he was talking about having the videos to review, but in reality, I believe he was referring to one of his coaches who has a photographic memory and was able to give Tom more information about an opponent than most assistant coaches can.

Me, I don't know if the videos helped or not, but it's over and done with, fines have been paid and draft picks have been taken, it's over as far as I'm concerned. I don't like it, because, potentially it cost the Steelers a shot at another Super Bowl, but there's no way to positively say whether it did or didn't.

Pappy
    Teddy Bruschi "We were so good we would have won without secretly taping teams"

They cheated... hell, maybe other teams cheat as well but they got CAUGHT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Teddy Bruschi "We were so good we would have won without secretly taping teams"

They cheated... hell, maybe other teams cheat as well but they got CAUGHT.
    I'm not saying they didn't cheat, I'm saying the usefulness of the videos to help them win games will never be able to be determined, because the NFL saw fit to destroy the tapes.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

There will always be an * surrounding those Pats teams in many peoples minds. That is the cost of cheating. Do I believe it helped them significantly? Probably not...but no one will ever know.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

of course not... but too many people reference Cowher like he wouldn't make this mistake.

i see some of that but what i see more of the tomlin supporters that always refer back to cowher having some losing season compared to tomlin having none. true enough, but this team is definitely going in the wrong direction under tomlin. he has showed no progress in a variety of ways, draft picks either suck or he cant coach them, or he cant hire coaches to coach them up. no discipline, unprepared, etc etc etc.
    but instead of wanting those things to change, either by tomlin progressing or by getting rid of him, they support his failures by saying, 'cowher didnt get fired'.
    really, thats the thought process?
    thats like having your first spouse cheat on you while you were married and then have your second spouse cheat on you and justify it by saying, 'well my first spouse did it too, so i guess im good with it'

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i see some of that but what i see more of the tomlin supporters that always refer back to cowher having some losing season compared to tomlin having none. true enough, but this team is definitely going in the wrong direction under tomlin. he has showed no progress in a variety of ways, draft picks either suck or he cant coach them, or he cant hire coaches to coach them up. no discipline, unprepared, etc etc etc.
    but instead of wanting those things to change, either by tomlin progressing or by getting rid of him, they support his failures by saying, 'cowher didnt get fired'.
    really, thats the thought process?
    thats like having your first spouse cheat on you while you were married and then have your second spouse cheat on you and justify it by saying, 'well my first spouse did it too, so i guess im good with it'
    That is a terrible analogy...

The more accurate analogy would be, "Don't treat your second spouse worse than you treated your first one."