Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heyward

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Starter

User Info Menu

Heyward

Was a beast today! Loved to see pressure being brought up the middle. He's been playing really well all season, nice to see him respond now that he's the starter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is what pisses me off about Tomlin. You, me and everyone on the board could see that HOOD sucks and Heyward is far more noticeable on the field. Why does it take him so long to be convinced that Heyward is better. Same with Vince Williams vs. Kion (Whatever his last name was).
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    This is what pisses me off about Tomlin. You, me and everyone on the board could see that HOOD sucks and Heyward is far more noticeable on the field. Why does it take him so long to be convinced that Heyward is better. Same with Vince Williams vs. Kion (Whatever his last name was).
    Yeah ... because this never happened under Cowher (cough, cough) ... Harrison NEVER sat while Clark Haggans played (often miserably).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Yeah ... because this never happened under Cowher (cough, cough) ... Harrison NEVER sat while Clark Haggans played (often miserably).
    The same Harrison that Cowher cut twice... What a surprise.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    The same Harrison that Cowher cut twice... What a surprise.

so because cowher made mistakes you advocate and support tomlin doing the same?.....brilliant

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so because cowher made mistakes you advocate and support tomlin doing the same?.....brilliant
    No it just give prospective when some people act like BC NEVER had a miss.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    of course not... but too many people reference Cowher like he wouldn't make this mistake.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Haggans played on the opposite side of Harrison's natural position.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

The point is .. whether it was deciding to not attempt to see what Harrison could do over keeping Haggans in ... or Ike sitting .. etc. It's not like Cowher was immune to the very same thing you were attempting to blast Tomlin for.

Legend

User Info Menu

Harrison backed up BOTH LB positions and replaced Haggins when he got hurt game one 2005. He had 3 sacks in four games, when Haggins came back Harrison was back on the bench.

Harrison would be a fine upgrade to Haggins.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher