Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heyward

Starter

User Info Menu

Heyward

Was a beast today! Loved to see pressure being brought up the middle. He's been playing really well all season, nice to see him respond now that he's the starter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is what pisses me off about Tomlin. You, me and everyone on the board could see that HOOD sucks and Heyward is far more noticeable on the field. Why does it take him so long to be convinced that Heyward is better. Same with Vince Williams vs. Kion (Whatever his last name was).
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

And the result from better DL play was sacks, turnovers & a win.

Heyward is clearly an upgrade over Hood at this point (although even Hood got a sack!). Need to get the NT position sorted out, and the D that was being critisised will become fearsome once more.

The 3-4 Zone Blitz starts with the front 3. If they do their job, LeBeau looks like a genious.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Hood got a 10 second coverage sack when Smith ran into him and he fell on him. Hood generated zero pressure on that play and got a gift. Broken watch being right twice a day thing.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    This is what pisses me off about Tomlin. You, me and everyone on the board could see that HOOD sucks and Heyward is far more noticeable on the field. Why does it take him so long to be convinced that Heyward is better. Same with Vince Williams vs. Kion (Whatever his last name was).
    Yeah ... because this never happened under Cowher (cough, cough) ... Harrison NEVER sat while Clark Haggans played (often miserably).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Yeah ... because this never happened under Cowher (cough, cough) ... Harrison NEVER sat while Clark Haggans played (often miserably).
    The same Harrison that Cowher cut twice... What a surprise.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

Let's not forget what playing with a LEAD does for a defense either. Stop playing from behind and suddenly the D can attack a bit more and not be so reactive.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Haggans played on the opposite side of Harrison's natural position.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

True Ghost

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Haggans played on the opposite side of Harrison's natural position.
    The point is .. whether it was deciding to not attempt to see what Harrison could do over keeping Haggans in ... or Ike sitting .. etc. It's not like Cowher was immune to the very same thing you were attempting to blast Tomlin for.