Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Heyward

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm not saying they didn't cheat, I'm saying the usefulness of the videos to help them win games will never be able to be determined, because the NFL saw fit to destroy the tapes.

Pappy
    which leads us to believe they had damaging evidence...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    which leads us to believe they had damaging evidence...
    Why does it lead to that and not that there was nothing really worth seeing?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    If there was nothing worth seeing, why destroy the tapes?

Destroying the tapes implies that the NFL was hiding something...

The police don't destroy evidence before it is presented in court...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i see some of that but what i see more of the tomlin supporters that always refer back to cowher having some losing season compared to tomlin having none. true enough, but this team is definitely going in the wrong direction under tomlin. he has showed no progress in a variety of ways, draft picks either suck or he cant coach them, or he cant hire coaches to coach them up. no discipline, unprepared, etc etc etc.
    but instead of wanting those things to change, either by tomlin progressing or by getting rid of him, they support his failures by saying, 'cowher didnt get fired'.
    really, thats the thought process?
    thats like having your first spouse cheat on you while you were married and then have your second spouse cheat on you and justify it by saying, 'well my first spouse did it too, so i guess im good with it'
    nope...

It's more like having a 15 year marriage that was pretty good but had a few bumps in the road and then you get remarried and after the first argument you want her gone. What really makes it bad is how you keep bringing up the first wife like she was the perfect package while bashing the new wife.

Sure.. the first wife gets 15 years but the first sign of trouble with the new wife and she's outta here. Also remember.. she hasn't even CHEATED on you yet... she just came home late a few times.

Legend

User Info Menu

If there is nothing worth seeing why destroy them? What does destroying a tape imply? Innocence? C'mon...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If there is nothing worth seeing why destroy them? What does destroying a tape imply? Innocence? C'mon...
    Typically, when I have destroyed a tape (audio/video) it's because there was nothing worth keeping on it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Typically, when I have destroyed a tape (audio/video) it's because there was nothing worth keeping on it.
    Because you always here the NFL say protect the shield. They could have protected there product by showing everyone that it was a non factor. Put everyones minds to rest and let the fans know they truely did earn the championships. Not sure the NFL would ever pull three rings and call it BS and then do what? Award Philly Carolina and St Louis the Lombardi trophies. If you remember reading the Post Gazette the day after our first afc title loss to them. Hines Ward was quoted saying. They knew everything we were doing before the ball was snapped. They were calling it out. This was long before anything about Spygate was brought up.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Typically, you have nothing to hide, I hope...

If you were accused of cheating and a tape could exonerate you, would you destroy it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Typically, you have nothing to hide, I hope...

If you were accused of cheating and a tape could exonerate you, would you destroy it?
    Exactly. There was something deemed to be damaging, or at least highly embarrassing, or that tape would not have been destroyed.

Those who don't think there's anything to Spygate need to do a web-search on it and on one Ernie Adams, and ask themselves, "What exactly did Mr. Adams DO?" There is no direct proof, but there's a whole lot of evidence there...

Legend

User Info Menu

lol... we aren't talking about erasing Homeboys In Space.

If someone accused you of shady dealings and you had a tape that could prove you were innocent or that it wasn't a big deal... would you destroy it or let everyone see it to prove your innocence?
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-16-2013 at 01:11 PM.