Thread: Heyward

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    due to cheating...
    I see people on the board mention this a lot. Out of curiosity, is this something you guys really believe or is it just a tongue in cheek thing/sarcasm regarding the Patriots success? I know it's probably dumb on my part that I have to ask, but I am curious if people really buy that idea.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I see people on the board mention this a lot. Out of curiosity, is this something you guys really believe or is it just a tongue in cheek thing/sarcasm regarding the Patriots success? I know it's probably dumb on my part that I have to ask, but I am curious if people really buy that idea.
    Hell yeah they cheated... not saying these guys didn't have skill but that team cheated like crazy.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Patriots were definitely caught videoing opponents and the NFL punished them for that. The usefulness of the videos can not be determined, however, since the penalty for videoing their opponents the Patriots haven't won much in the post season. Many people like to correlate their lack of performance in the playoffs to not having the videos to review. That and Tom Brady's comment "It's easy to answer the questions, when you know the questions on the test." or something like that. Everyone assumes he was talking about having the videos to review, but in reality, I believe he was referring to one of his coaches who has a photographic memory and was able to give Tom more information about an opponent than most assistant coaches can.

Me, I don't know if the videos helped or not, but it's over and done with, fines have been paid and draft picks have been taken, it's over as far as I'm concerned. I don't like it, because, potentially it cost the Steelers a shot at another Super Bowl, but there's no way to positively say whether it did or didn't.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Patriots were definitely caught videoing opponents and the NFL punished them for that. The usefulness of the videos can not be determined, however, since the penalty for videoing their opponents the Patriots haven't won much in the post season. Many people like to correlate their lack of performance in the playoffs to not having the videos to review. That and Tom Brady's comment "It's easy to answer the questions, when you know the questions on the test." or something like that. Everyone assumes he was talking about having the videos to review, but in reality, I believe he was referring to one of his coaches who has a photographic memory and was able to give Tom more information about an opponent than most assistant coaches can.

Me, I don't know if the videos helped or not, but it's over and done with, fines have been paid and draft picks have been taken, it's over as far as I'm concerned. I don't like it, because, potentially it cost the Steelers a shot at another Super Bowl, but there's no way to positively say whether it did or didn't.

Pappy
    Teddy Bruschi "We were so good we would have won without secretly taping teams"

They cheated... hell, maybe other teams cheat as well but they got CAUGHT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Teddy Bruschi "We were so good we would have won without secretly taping teams"

They cheated... hell, maybe other teams cheat as well but they got CAUGHT.
    I'm not saying they didn't cheat, I'm saying the usefulness of the videos to help them win games will never be able to be determined, because the NFL saw fit to destroy the tapes.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm not saying they didn't cheat, I'm saying the usefulness of the videos to help them win games will never be able to be determined, because the NFL saw fit to destroy the tapes.

Pappy
    which leads us to believe they had damaging evidence...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

which leads us to believe they had damaging evidence...
    Why does it lead to that and not that there was nothing really worth seeing?

Rookie

User Info Menu

If there was nothing worth seeing, why destroy the tapes?

Destroying the tapes implies that the NFL was hiding something...

The police don't destroy evidence before it is presented in court...

Legend

User Info Menu

If there is nothing worth seeing why destroy them? What does destroying a tape imply? Innocence? C'mon...