Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heyward

Legend

User Info Menu

Heyward was special for the Buckeyes. I still remember him taking over the Arkansas game...just a one man show. He is worthy of the hype. Mike Adams was always mediocre at best, never worthy of the hype.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Haggans played on the opposite side of Harrison's natural position.
    Harrison backed up BOTH LB positions and replaced Haggins when he got hurt game one 2005. He had 3 sacks in four games, when Haggins came back Harrison was back on the bench.

Harrison would be a fine upgrade to Haggins.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Harrison backed up BOTH LB positions and replaced Haggins when he got hurt game one 2005. He had 3 sacks in four games, when Haggins came back Harrison was back on the bench.

Harrison would be a fine upgrade to Haggins.
    That's a bad example. Haggans started off the season with a sack in the first 3 games. Then got hurt and Harrison came in and played well. Again, that was just 1 year and the Steelers ended up winning the Superbowl that year
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought one of the key plays of the game was early on when the Jets drove to our 11-yard line and then faced a third-and-1 at the 2-yard line and Heyward stopped Bilal Powell for no gain, forcing the Jets to settle for a 25-yard field goal and only a 3-0 lead.

Backup

User Info Menu

That's a bad example. Haggans started off the season with a sack in the first 3 games. Then got hurt and Harrison came in and played well. Again, that was just 1 year and the Steelers ended up winning the Superbowl that year
    Ike Taylor ... Charred Scott/DeWayne Washington ... that's another couple of years. I know, it doesn't fit in with the "Cowher didn't make these type of decisions" mantra, but it's true.

Starter

User Info Menu

Sid you can't really be making the argument that Cowher played young players over veterans can you??? I loved Cowher as a coach, but his stubborn refusal to play young, potentially better players over his veteran guys was CLEARLY one of his weaknesses.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heyward did have a nice game. I noticed him getting a lot of pressure. He didn't get a sack, but he did get pressure.

The Steelers could have a nice tandem on the right side of the D with Heyward and Jones.

Legend

User Info Menu

Even the best coaches in the NFL miss on evaluating talent from time to time. The really good ones get it right more times than not.

Cowher was a good coach but he was far from perfect.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heyward was double teamed at the point a few times yesterday and held his own very well. Now thats not sexy but it's what 5 tech have to do in our system. He seemed very good yesterday in not letting blockers get to his frame. That one aspect is where I see Hood getting moved out of plays because he does not seem nearly as good at that technique as he should be. Case in point the better tech is now starting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heyward was great. Even more impressive was that when Keisel went down, he played almost every snap and still looked strong.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.