Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spence

Starter

User Info Menu

Spence

According to twitter, Kaboly is reporting that Sean Spence will come off the PUP list next week and practice with the team.

Some good news in an otherwise bleak season so far.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Silly question but does this mean he might actually play this year? Who gets cut to make room??
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

This kid better be worth all the hype. I dont see that tweet from Kaboly....You sure?
    Last edited by SteelCrazy; 10-11-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

I think the Steelers have 3 weeks to either add him to the 53 or put him on IR...Time will tell if he is ready to play football this year. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and finally start his NFL career...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Silly question but does this mean he might actually play this year? Who gets cut to make room??
    I don't know who gets cut (guess would be the LB they brought back, Sylvester), but I think he has to be able to play. This team isn't in a position to give roster spots out to spectators... besides Whimper.

I'm happy to hear it. And lord knows we need as many young, fast bodies as we can get.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Spence has been hyped on this board and that's about it...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What hype?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Spence has been hyped on this board and that's about it...
    ???
    IMO, he wouldn't have to be that great to be an improvement over what we have.

That said, it would be amazing if he were truly ready to play in the next few weeks. Even if he's physically recovered, I would think it would take a number of weeks for him to get into "playing shape." And we need to remember that he's basically a rookie...there will no doubt be a learning curve.

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Steelers LB Sean Spence To Begin Practicing Next Wednesday

Starting next week, Pittsburgh Steelers second-year linebacker Sean Spence will be eligible to begin practicing with the team if deemed healthy enough to do so. According to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review in a Friday interview on the David Todd Show, Spence will indeed begin practicing next week and will be removed from the PUP list.

"He is going to practice Wednesday," said Kaboly of Spence. "They have three weeks to be able to activate him."

[URL]http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/35ac0854-d1af-45a0-95b5-62df4c352a0f/?source=twitter[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Hype? I think there was hope that his speed would compensate for his size but thats it.... I dont think anyone hyped him up.