Thread: DB Play

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

DB Play

So far it looks like there is no significant drop in the level of play between the high dollar guys (Ike/Troy) v Willie Gay, Shamarko...etc

In fact, Steven Hill made Ike and Troy look pretty slow on that deep ball that was slightly overthrown. With the recent addition of Will Allen, solid play of Willie Gay..and the emergence of Shark Thomas, it's starting to look like some of those older guys are expendable (if not willing to restructure their contracts after the season.) If we get Cortez Allen back on track we will be in pretty good shape even if the older guys leave at the end of the year.
    Last edited by Ernie; 10-13-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree. Clark is slow as dirt and Troy haven't guessed right in three seasons.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I agree. Clark is slow as dirt and Troy haven't guessed right in three seasons.
    I agree Clark is getting slow. I think this has to be his last year. I thought the play that Hill got open deep there was a little confusion between Ike and Troy because both slowed down for a second maybe thinking the other one had Hill.

Legend

User Info Menu

I missed the game you were watching; Troy and Ike both had good games, Ike gave a couple catches, nothing major and Troy missed one tackle in the backfield, but other than that they both played very well today, IMO.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I missed the game you were watching; Troy and Ike both had good games, Ike gave a couple catches, nothing major and Troy missed one tackle in the backfield, but other than that they both played very well today, IMO.

Pappy
    Never said they had a bad game... just said I didn't see the drop off from them to the other DBs.

Legend

User Info Menu

That Polamalu coverage & tackle was a thing of beauty...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That Polamalu coverage & tackle was a thing of beauty...
    Well Im glad you enjoyed it because you are not going to see that type of awesome play very often without it getting soiled by a yellow flag.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Clark is the only DB with a turnover...let's see how the rest of the year looks before we pack his bags...