Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spence

Legend

User Info Menu

If Spence contributes this year, I think it will be on special teams and perhaps in passing down defenses later in the season. From what I remember seeing from him in the preseason last year, he looked good in coverage but struggled in the running game.

I saw a report from Wexell on twitter that Spence was having difficulty covering the physical therapist, so he still has a way to go. I would hope that he can get his feet wet a bit this year and then really compete next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Celebrate the kid is able to strap up a helmet and step on a field again. Whatever happens after that is a victory for him. If he returns to form and becomes a starter...It is a victory for the Steelers. Nobody should speak about Spence in a negative light moving forward. It is beyond a "wasted draft pick" "Hype" "Bust" or any label you want to apply. Just let it be a "feel good" story and hope is has a fairy tale ending. The Bar has been removed...Let Spence set it for himself.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Celebrate the kid is able to strap up a helmet and step on a field again. Whatever happens after that is a victory for him. If he returns to form and becomes a starter...It is a victory for the Steelers. Nobody should speak about Spence in a negative light moving forward. It is beyond a "wasted draft pick" "Hype" "Bust" or any label you want to apply. Just let it be a "feel good" story and hope is has a fairy tale ending. The Bar has been removed...Let Spence set it for himself.
    Well Said..
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Nicely Stated...