Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Spence

  1. #11
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    This kid better be worth all the hype. I dont see that tweet from Kaboly....You sure?
    This "kid" as you call him is fighting his azz off to return from a career threatening knee injury and you say, "he better be worth all the hype..."

    Are you serious???

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Spence has been hyped on this board and that's about it...
    if by "hype" you mean that a lot of us on this board have been cheering for Spence to have a successful return from a gruesome, potentially career-ending injury then yeah, I guess Spence has been hyped on this board.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    This kid better be worth all the hype. I dont see that tweet from Kaboly....You sure?
    Would the Steelers be this patient with his recovery if he wasn't all that and a bag of chips? I'm thinking not.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Don't know about the rest of you, but this is exactly the kind of guy the Steelers need on their roster. Guy that has busted his butt to get back into an NFL game. No sense of entitlement, no young money, just pure passion to play in a grown man's game. If he can make it back, I could see where Spence could emerge as a future leader of the defense. A guy that knows how to put in the work, a guy that would appreciate what life has given him.

    I'm elated with the news, and I wish Spence the best in his return.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if by "hype" you mean that a lot of us on this board have been cheering for Spence to have a successful return from a gruesome, potentially career-ending injury then yeah, I guess Spence has been hyped on this board.
    Truthfully, with tongue removed from cheek, that's exactly what I meant. "Worth the hype" would imply that there was some kind of hype in the real world.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Would the Steelers be this patient with his recovery if he wasn't all that and a bag of chips? I'm thinking not.
    Shawn's got it right. I've heard our LB coach state he thought Spence is worth the wait. Kudos to Spence for fighting through this. I'm rooting for him.

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    This great news. Also, I thought Vince Williams had a solid game today... so maybe we won't have to rush spence to get back on the field.

  8. #18
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    This great news. Also, I thought Vince Williams had a solid game today... so maybe we won't have to rush spence to get back on the field.
    Game is slowing down for Williams ... and he is proving to be decent in coverage and fast/instinctive THUMPER

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    yea buddy. he is playing with more confidence. we may have found a steal with this 6th round pick

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Spence will need the DL to actually occupy blockers in order to be as effective as he can be, because he is neither big or fast.

    What he is, is instinctual. He sniffs out the runner, or the whole in the OL & gets himself in the right spot to make a play. But if he has to take on 320lb OG's, he's going to look bad.

    And that won't be his fault, necessarily.

    Williams looks good for a 1st year, 6th round choice. The fact he is on the field & contributing at this stage shows a level of comfort from the coaching staff.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 10
    Wins- 2
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $60,050.00


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •