Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I thought this day would never come

Legend

User Info Menu

This is hilarious and sad... da,n near everything you buy has a CEO who is against your interest. You are free to dislike Obama but this is a reach.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm allergic to bees so I'm not going to follow the Steelers as long as they continue to wear those throw back uniforms that look like insects...

Ps. Not really allergic...

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll take big business over big government any day dizz...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm allergic to bees so I'm not going to follow the Steelers as long as they continue to wear those throw back uniforms that look like insects...

Ps. Not really allergic...
    if you were allergic, I was just gonna tell you to take some Benadryl and sleep through the games, because you haven't been missing much lately lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LOL. Turn off Fox News folks. And read. Even better, turn off the TV and it's entertainment news.

That's ALOT of hate to carry around for a president where you would disown the Steelers. I think you would rather be right than be happy, and watch the Steelers.

And BTW, Obama didn't write ACA. A conservative think tank did. But obviously it's partisan politics and hate for the president that trumps and rational discourse. I just don't get it with leaving the Steelers. I think you are pissed (and you have a right to be). You will always be a Steeler fan

Rookie

User Info Menu

Heck yeah I'm pissed. Many people have worked but not many for free. I could handle it a little better if those fat cats on capital hill were going without a pay check like the rest of us.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you shouldn't mix sports and politics...
    Best reply in the thread. Use sports as an escape from politics. What does Rooney's political view on anything have to do with Steeler football?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    LOL. Turn off Fox News folks. And read. Even better, turn off the TV and it's entertainment news.

That's ALOT of hate to carry around for a president where you would disown the Steelers. I think you would rather be right than be happy, and watch the Steelers.

And BTW, Obama didn't write ACA. A conservative think tank did. But obviously it's partisan politics and hate for the president that trumps and rational discourse. I just don't get it with leaving the Steelers. I think you are pissed (and you have a right to be). You will always be a Steeler fan
    The hate for gov't is kinda funny cause it's so similar to the hate for the Steelers this year. We've all gotta blame someone or something and it seems quite random who we are told to choose to hate. We don't really know anything about anything, so we randomly pick a media outlet to decide for us. And we like to think we're deciding for ourselves. But we tend to have had those choices made for us at the most part at birth. Steelers fan by blood. Obama hater by blood. It's not much different.

I say stop watching Fox News or CNN or any political commentary that does not realize this is all comedy. All these networks are shills for the parties they represent. And both major parties are fudged up beyond belief. The real problem isn't the gov't, it's the people that vote for these leaders. Too many idiots vote. Democrats. Republicans. They're all a bunch of clowns. Good ideas get screwed up. Good intentions get redirected. But the problem is no one really covers politics open and honestly. It's all an obfuscated mess that no one can understand. But because of our insane levels of individual and national pride in the US, we can't admit we don't know a thing. We like to pretend we're educated because we listen to a lot of 30 second sound bites that are no different than commercials that tell us to drink more Coke.

Anger is always kinda funny. Anger is always misdirected. When we are angry we don't think logically. Not that we ever think logically anytime any way. This country needs a modern 'All in the Family' type of sitcom.

Legend

User Info Menu

wouldnt a political board be a more appropriate place for this stuff

Legend

User Info Menu

The House Republicans wouldn't pass a budget or agree to fund the spending/bills they passed. People out of work would be without helath insurance of any kind w/o Obamacare. These are facts, but I don't see what it has to do w/ liking the Steelers.

I read a lot of history, all this hysterical hyperbole seems exactly like what the country went through when Medicare was being started. Now it's such a part of the fabric of our country that the same people who are losing it over Obamacare are the ones who hold up signs, "Get your government hands off my Medicare".

Agree w/ whoever posted above that listening only to people that tell you what you want to hear, and who agree w/ you, doesn't count as fulfilling our civic duty to be educated citizens.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!