Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 137

Thread: I thought this day would never come

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    So I guess the same could be said about his low 40's % approval rating in most polls...meaning the "far left" thinks he's not liberal enough, and therefore disapproves of the job he is doing??? The Democratic party is a big tent party. they are sheep... gonna do what Obama, Reed, and Pelosi tells them to do (when it comes right down to it).
    Actually, yes!

    JUST like the Tea Party disapproves of what the Republican leaders are doing.

    The difference is the Tea Party has a seat at the table. Occupy Wall Street (the librul equivalent) does not.

    I don't understand your point about suggesting it's horrible that the Democrats vote like their leaders tell them to. That's what the Republicans have been doing for years ... are you saying that's different somehow?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  2. #72
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,861
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    For fiscal year 2014, the U.S. government plans to spend $3.778 trillion. More than 60%, or $2.3 trillion, goes toward mandatory spending like Social Security, Medicare and Military Retirement programs. These expenditures are estimates of how much it will cost to fulfill programs established by Congress.

    The rest, called Discretionary spending, is negotiated between the President and Congress each year. The President's budget proposes that $1.242 trillion be appropriated to run the rest of the Federal government. About half, ($618 billion) is military spending. (Source: Office of Management and Budget)

    Govt wast is not minimal, but dizz is right, our military budget is insanely high. More than half a TRILLION dollars! That's not including the Military Retirement programs mentioned above. The bulk of the budget goes to the Military, Social Security and Medicare.
    easier to read in a diff color

  3. #73
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    784
    and when the debt that is accumulated is one that has a country on the verge of bankruptcy, most would consider it to be a bad debt..unless of course bankruptcy is what you are after.

  4. #74
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Actually, yes!

    JUST like the Tea Party disapproves of what the Republican leaders are doing.

    The difference is the Tea Party has a seat at the table. Occupy Wall Street (the librul equivalent) does not.

    I don't understand your point about suggesting it's horrible that the Democrats vote like their leaders tell them to. That's what the Republicans have been doing for years ... are you saying that's different somehow?
    Wow... you think the "Far left" doesn't have a seat at the table? that's laughable. The far left has "Hi jacked" the democratic party.

  5. #75
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Post a poll that shows % of military spending to GDP for the countries in this poll.
    You are free to do it since that is your counter argument.

    Are you suggesting we should spend it since we have it? I'm not understanding the logic. If our enemies can only afford to spend 200 Billion why are we spending 700 billion?

  6. #76
    You are right on the money. The left always want to say it's just a number it doesn't mean anything. Um yes it does mean something. It means our great country is headed down a spiral. All great empires have fallen throughout history. Our country is no different. It can fall just like the Roman Empire. We are on the verge if we don't wake up. Mr. Lincoln I wish you were here, I don't think it's working like you planned....

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Sounds great in theory...problem is you aren't willing to admit that the cuts (that have been made since the shutdown) are a result of Obama and his Dems trying to play politics. Demonize the right as much as possible.
    Might make the dems look bad, and cause them to lose and election though because we know most of those folks (who are leeches to society) always votes for the party who gives them the most freebies.

    Absolutely, without knowing how accurate your numbers are, there's no reason to be paid for not being able to work if you can work. But that being true doesn't give anyone the right to shut down the government, or throw the US into default.

    BTW - similar arguments can be made at the other end of the spectrum: Would have made sense to remove the tax shelters and immunities of the 100s of companies who send 10s of millions of dollars and 100s of thousands of jobs overseas just to reduce their US tax burden ... while we have 100s of thousands unemployed workers right here at home.
    Last edited by SanAntonioSteelerFan; 10-11-2013 at 04:15 PM.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  8. #78
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Actually, yes!

    JUST like the Tea Party disapproves of what the Republican leaders are doing.

    The difference is the Tea Party has a seat at the table. Occupy Wall Street (the librul equivalent) does not.

    I don't understand your point about suggesting it's horrible that the Democrats vote like their leaders tell them to. That's what the Republicans have been doing for years ... are you saying that's different somehow?
    and it's horrible that the Dems vote like their leaders tell them to because all of the damned politicians are supposed to be listening to and representing their constituents (as it was intended)...instead of following party lines.

  9. #79
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Wow... you think the "Far left" doesn't have a seat at the table? that's laughable. The far left has "Hi jacked" the democratic party.
    No they haven't... Obama is center left.. hell, he has damn near the same policies as W. Drone killing, Gauntanomo still open, secret prisons still open, NSA, still in Afghanistan.

    These are things the far left are furious with Obama over and the right uses it to prove he lied.. but he is doing what most right wingers would like outside of Obamacare but since he is a dem they paint it like he is far left.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    A relative few dislike the law? Come on slap...look at the polls. Even the left leaning media venues will show a nationwide approval rating of this law at 50% or lower
    Please, don't talk to me about polls. 76% of Americans polled did not want a government shutdown linked to the ACA. If polls are so important, why ignore that one?

    90% of Americans polled want stronger gun control laws. Republicans aren't pushing that agenda.

    Please do not pretend that the House cares about polls...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •