Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I thought this day would never come

Rookie

User Info Menu

Yes a lot of them some being friends of mine will not get a job because they are getting paid well to sit at home so why would they. Those are a drop in the bucket though. I'm talking about generations of people that have lived off of welfare as a way of living. Some won't even try to better themselves. I already have a part time job so that I can have some sort of check until we get back to work. Could I sign up for temp unemployment? Yes I could but I won't because I can work! Granted the part time job I took sucks (stocking shelves in a grocery store) but it's a job. It's not a great job but it's a check until I get back to work. It took me all of a week to get this. Why can't others?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Lol... show me some proof. The proof I have: He's spent more than all of the other presidents combined. That's a fact.
    [url]http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-spending-inferno-or-not/[/url]

Turns out, it's not...

[url]http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/26/news/la-pn-obamas-spending-record-whos-telling-the-truth-20120526[/url]

[url]http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05/24/who-is-the-smallest-government-spender-since-eisenhower-would-you-believe-its-barack-obama/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I've enjoyed chatting with you guys. Off to watch a High School Football game tonight.

Hopefully the black and gold can get it turned around this weekend! lol. Go Steelers!

Rookie

User Info Menu

and that may be because "Big brother" makes unemployment very comfortable for those folks.
    Again, clearly, you have never experienced the "ease" of unemployment...it isn't all that it's cracked up to be...

Rookie

User Info Menu

When Bush left we were at 8 trillion debt. 5 years later we are at 17 trillion. It is mathematically impossible for Obama to have decreased deficit spending from the bush years, while doubling the debt at the same time.
    Actually, it isn't mathematically impossible...

While deficit spending has been reduced, it hasn't been eliminated....not even remotely...

If you are 20 lbs overweight, and you eat a few less calories, but still overeat, you will get fatter...

Eating less is only one part of the equation...there must be a balanced approach...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    [URL]http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-spending-inferno-or-not/[/URL]

Turns out, it's not...

[URL]http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/26/news/la-pn-obamas-spending-record-whos-telling-the-truth-20120526[/URL]

[URL]http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05/24/who-is-the-smallest-government-spender-since-eisenhower-would-you-believe-its-barack-obama/[/URL]
    MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME11.jpg

And that is with the '09 spending all attributed to Obama, that's like blaming the fireman for water damage.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

Looking around at other Steeler forums, I must say I've never seen this much vemon towards the Rooney family. A lot of fans feel alienated by the Steelers because of what the Rooneys are doing.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I enjoy chatting with all of you too. I don't hate anyone and I always like to hear others point of view. Every now and again you can learn some things when you can comprehend that another's way of thinking could be point on even if you don't agree. It's amazing that all of us can talk and act cordial to one another but our elected leaders cannot. It's a shame. I never thought me having a bad day and feeling down and out then posting my thoughts on an Internet page would have lead to all of this. After reading all of these post it reconfirmes in my mind why I made the decision to join the military then later serve in the teams and go through some serious **** over seas. There are still people among us that stand for the greater good. I didn't even start in on the firearm thing. Man you don't want me to go there because those that are opposed to guns really make my blood boil! I'll say this. Our country has been attacked and can be attacked again. An invasion truly could happen in our lifetime folks. Trust me on this. Don't be caught with your pants down. I will be prepared to defend myself and my family if need be. Wether you are or not it's up to you. War doesn't care if you are appalled by violence or not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    I enjoy chatting with all of you too. I don't hate anyone and I always like to hear others point of view. Every now and again you can learn some things when you can comprehend that another's way of thinking could be point on even if you don't agree. It's amazing that all of us can talk and act cordial to one another but our elected leaders cannot. It's a shame. I never thought me having a bad day and feeling down and out then posting my thoughts on an Internet page would have lead to all of this. After reading all of these post it reconfirmes in my mind why I made the decision to join the military then later serve in the teams and go through some serious **** over seas. There are still people among us that stand for the greater good. I didn't even start in on the firearm thing. Man you don't want me to go there because those that are opposed to guns really make my blood boil! I'll say this. Our country has been attacked and can be attacked again. An invasion truly could happen in our lifetime folks. Trust me on this. Don't be caught with your pants down. I will be prepared to defend myself and my family if need be. Wether you are or not it's up to you. War doesn't care if you are appalled by violence or not.
    Yeah, J, thank you for your service to our country, and God Bless with the hard times you and your family are going through right now.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    Yes a lot of them some being friends of mine will not get a job because they are getting paid well to sit at home so why would they. Those are a drop in the bucket though. I'm talking about generations of people that have lived off of welfare as a way of living. Some won't even try to better themselves. I already have a part time job so that I can have some sort of check until we get back to work. Could I sign up for temp unemployment? Yes I could but I won't because I can work! Granted the part time job I took sucks (stocking shelves in a grocery store) but it's a job. It's not a great job but it's a check until I get back to work. It took me all of a week to get this. Why can't others?
    you are still friends with people who are sitting living off the govt?