Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Clark: Big Ben should tone things down

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Clark is right but he needs to keep that in the locker room.
    we are agreeing way too much lately...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BishopPickering View Post
    Not accurate at all. If anything trying to stay in the pocket like you people want is doing it.

In the pocket against the Bears, didn't take a sack like Clark wanted, pick 6.

Both fumbles against the Bears, in the pocket.

The fumble against the Vikings, in the pocket.

You can't handcuff Ben for 45 minutes, fall behind, and then throw the 3-4 wides out there for 15 minutes and try to steal wins.

They don't attack teams anymore. Too worried about trying to run and play defense.
    getting rid of the ball doesn't mean it has to be given to the other team.

Administrator

User Info Menu

You're right. Ben wins more. Brees gets fat stats throwing in domes.

Brees lost HIS play-caller, led the NFL in picks, and won 7 games in 16 starts last year.

If Brees played the majority of his games in the AFC North he'd get crunched.
    Anybody that can actually see would say that Brees is a much better overall QB. Ben might have won more in his career but does that make him a better QB? No. Is Ben a better QB than Peyton? No. Is Eli better than Peyton because of the 2 SBs? No. Is Ben a better QB than Dan Marino because he won 2 SBs? No.

Crash, you really need to get a life and stop spoofing your IP. It's getting tiring to ban you constantly.

I wonder how your real internet provider would react if I reported that a customer on their service is performing fraud.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Clark has played too poorly this season to talk. I say start Shamarko. He will struggle, but it will accelerate his education. Get any kid with promise in the game as much as possible including Shark, Moye, Beachum, and Fangupo. We should not be signing vets like Brown, Allen, and Sly. We should be raiding practice squads and looking for young gems ( even if they are future depth players). We need to shed salary and get younger quickly.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    we are agreeing way too much lately...
    No we are not. Ok, I needed to just disagree with you about something so that the world could be right again.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Clark has played too poorly this season to talk. I say start Shamarko. He will struggle, but it will accelerate his education. Get any kid with promise in the game as much as possible including Shark, Moye, Beachum, and Fangupo. We should not be signing vets like Brown, Allen, and Sly. We should be raiding practice squads and looking for young gems ( even if they are future depth players). We need to shed salary and get younger quickly.
    I very much agree with you. What do we have to lose at this point?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ok....so who on the offense is going to step up and say Ryan Clark needs to tone-up his defense? Funny, here is a guy who couldnt cover water if he fell out of a boat, every year gets flagged for several personal fouls for illegal hits that hurt his team, and who's current defense can't stop anybody in any aspect of the game, and he has to say something?

Ryan Clark...it is only a matter of time before you are replaced by Shamarko Thomas. Shut your mouth and enjoy the little bit of NFL you have left. Calling your teammates out through the media makes you a bad teammate. Not a leader.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Administrator

User Info Menu

I judge people based on common sense. Eli isn't a better QB than Peyton, Brees, Brady, or Rodgers... neither is Ben.

It's leadership, decision making, accuracy, demand of the offense and making the players around you better. They all do that better than Eli and Ben.

Ben and Eli are having solid years though with a combined record of 0-9.

Ben thru 4 games:
    5 INTs
    5 Fumbles

Averaging 2.5 per game (between fumbles and INTs)

Eli thru 5 games:
    12 INTs
    2 Fumbles

Averaging 2.8 per game

Really impressive. You simply can't be a winning team when you turn the ball over that many times on average. Keep in mind that's only 1 PLAYER and what should be our best player...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Peyton Manning is a better LEADER? On what Planet? Mars?

Mr. We had protection problems? Mr. You Could Say that when he choked away the Denver game last year?

I can't wait until Peyton gags in post season again. You may cry so much this board may blow up.

Ben doesn't make players better? Who did Peyton make better? Wayne? Harrsion? Faulk? James? He had #1 picks up and down his huddle.

Ben's first WR corps that won a ring? Ward, El, Cedrick Wilson, and Nate Washington, he also had an undrafted free agent in his backfield in Willie Parker.

You keep digging a bigger hole, put down the shovel.
    On the non-Crash (banned again), Haley is a idiot golf coach, Art II is ruining the team planet...

And if you mask your IP again from the netherlands or most recently.. CA, I'm going to report fraud to your internet provider because enough is enough already.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So Crash get banned for making a football debate, but another poster was making racist remarks and you tell the board to get over it...... NICEEEEE
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]