Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ryan Clark: Big Ben should tone things down

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    One play alone never decides the outcome of the game...

AB84 doesn't fumble the ball against Dallas Steelers would not have needed OT..and we would not have been talking about Ben INT...

Ben needs to play better but in the end everyone on offensive side needs to pull up their level of play...

No running game...no LT...and QB fumbling the ball or throwing INT...all are related to each other...on top of that weirdo OC.
    fact is, ... most Sundays, at least half the games are being decided by one or two plays. The margin for error (except for the Donkeys) is razor thin for most teams... This is especially true of the Steelers, who never blow any team out early.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Agreed about Clark. Him making the rounds, talking about us still being able to make the playoffs this week... What are we going to say about his comments, if we lose to the Jets this weekend? Stop for a second, and ponder it. It will destroy most of the credibility and goodwill he's built up, by playing the way he has (all-out, hard-hitting).

He's painted himself into a bit of a corner this week IMO, where we have to win.
    Painted them into a corner he did.....they came out swinging.
    I did not like his yapping at the times but.......how can one argue the results?

Ben RESPONDED TO THE CRITICISMS WITH:

His highest percentage of the season
    Highest QB rating
    0 turnovers

And you will recall he did not just criticize Ben but said "we" need to help Ben so he doesnt feel he "needs" to force things by himself.

Yes, Clark put pressure on the team and himself "painting himself in a corner" with playoff talk but the the team came out swinging like it has not done all season.

And Clark himself came through big by finally ending our zero turnover drought.

We keep talking about the "void" in veteran leadership.

Seems to me we just saw it.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-14-2013 at 04:55 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I did not like his yapping at the times but.......how can one argue the results?

Highest QB rating
    0 turnovers

And you will recall he did not just criticize Ben but said "we" need to help Ben so he doesnt feel he "needs" to force things by himself.

Yes, Clark put pressure on the team and himself "painting himself in a corner" with playoff talk but the the team came out swinging like it has not done all season.

Amen......

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Highest QB rating
    0 turnovers

Clark didn't say what he said to help or motivate the team, he said them because he's focusing on his next career.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Clark didn't say what he said to help or motivate the team, he said them because he's focusing on his next career.
    Who cares? It worked...

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe you guys are right, but Clark's yapping didn't sound the least bit motivating to my ears, and I haven't read/heard anything to suggest it actually was.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

• As Ben Roethlisberger shook off what appeared to be a dead-certain safety in the first quarter Sunday against the Jets, I thought about Ryan Clark. Would Clark have preferred Roethlisberger "tone down" his act and take the safety rather than risking a touchdown by losing the ball while fighting off tacklers?

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/smizik-on-sports/sanders-senseless-showboating-707612/#ixzz2hlSSczkz[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    • As Ben Roethlisberger shook off what appeared to be a dead-certain safety in the first quarter Sunday against the Jets, I thought about Ryan Clark. Would Clark have preferred Roethlisberger "tone down" his act and take the safety rather than risking a touchdown by losing the ball while fighting off tacklers?

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/smizik-on-sports/sanders-senseless-showboating-707612/#ixzz2hlSSczkz[/URL]
    Did Ben throw an INT then? If not, consider his game toned down...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    he needs to keep focusing on his next career because whatever he said... it worked.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Clark didn't say lay down and die... that would be stupid.

Clark said Ben needs to do a better job protecting the ball and the D needed to step up and make some plays. We did both and we won...