Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colbert to attend Louisville game to watch.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    How many National Championship QB's have had successful NFL careers?

Brady
    Manning
    Ben
    Montana
    Marino
    Brees
    Rodgers
    Luck

Did any of these guys win an NC in college? Championships mean zip once you get to the NFL.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhh....1977 Joe Montana!!

Where Joe game "managed" the Fighting Irish to a National Championship. He averaged 15.9 pass attempts per game. Sort of like what Alabama did with McCarron his first 2 /12 years as their QB.

But that has changed. Alabama has put a lot more of their offense on the arm of McCarron lately.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

...and again, I think if McCarron wins his 3rd National Championship, it will mean a lot. It isnt a fair comparison to a guy who as won one or two.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Uhhhhhhhhhhh....1977 Joe Montana!!

Where Joe game "managed" the Fighting Irish to a National Championship. He averaged 15.9 pass attempts per game. Sort of like what Alabama did with McCarron his first 2 /12 years as their QB.

But that has changed. Alabama has put a lot more of their offense on the arm of McCarron lately.
    uhhhh... a lot of titles on that list.

Legend

User Info Menu

...and again, I think if McCarron wins his 3rd National Championship, it will mean a lot. It isnt a fair comparison to a guy who as won one or two.
    It will mean a lot in the college football history books. Doesn't mean a damn thing in the NFL.

All it means is Alabama is great at recruiting and Nick Saban is a good HC. If they were winning through the air then I could see your point but they are D and ground and pound with som enice play action.

..and you admitted they didn't put a lot of it on AJ's arm so I'm not sure why you believe he is the truth.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is anyone certain that Colbert is there looking at Bridgewater? Is there another Cardinal that the Steelers may have their eyes on? An LT? S? NT? WR?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It will mean a lot in the college football history books. Doesn't mean a damn thing in the NFL.

All it means is Alabama is great at recruiting and Nick Saban is a good HC. If they were winning through the air then I could see your point but they are D and ground and pound with som enice play action.

..and you admitted they didn't put a lot of it on AJ's arm so I'm not sure why you believe he is the truth.
    30 TD's last year felt. And on pace to throw for more than that this year. Things are changing. He is getting more and more of the offensive load. And when you look at how his completion percentage has steadily climbed each year, and the fact that he rarely makes a throwing mistake, even you should be able to see why.

But the only negative you can find in his game is that he plays behind a dominate O-line....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

...and you admitted they didn't put a lot of it on AJ's arm so I'm not sure why you believe he is the truth.
    That was the first half 2012, 2011, and 2010.

This year Alabama has a much more balanced attack. 146 passing attempts to 166 rushing attempts...and it is swinging more towards the passing each week.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Is anyone certain that Colbert is there looking at Bridgewater? Is there another Cardinal that the Steelers may have their eyes on? An LT? S? NT? WR?

Pappy
    No I am pretty sure it was for him. It was reported 26 teams sent representatives to watch him. You have to if he is being talked about as the number 1 guy and you look as if you may have a shot at him.

Having said that, he didn't look the the number 1 overall pick or even the best QB in this draft to me. He looked decent at times and made a couple mistake but keep in mind it was Rutgers l he was playing against.

Legend

User Info Menu

30 TD's last year felt. And on pace to throw for more than that this year. Things are changing. He is getting more and more of the offensive load. And when you look at how his completion percentage has steadily climbed each year, and the fact that he rarely makes a throwing mistake, even you should be able to see why.

But the only negative you can find in his game is that he plays behind a dominate O-line....
    It's not a negative.. it's a concern and with our OL its a HUGE concern.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tebow has never been a legitimate QB, Ike. McCarron threw 30 TD's passes last year and is on pace to throw more than that this year. The passing skills of Tim Tebow versus AJ McCarron are like night and day, and Tebow is the dark one.
    If that is true then why did Tebow throw 88 TDs versus 15 interceptions in his career? He had a 66% completion percentage for his college career. Twice he threw for 30 or more touchdowns. Then throw in his 57 rushing touchdowns and he seems to have had one helluva college career.

Pros? Not so good.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!