Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Colbert to attend Louisville game to watch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    If that is true then why did Tebow throw 88 TDs versus 15 interceptions in his career? He had a 66% completion percentage for his college career. Twice he threw for 30 or more touchdowns. Then throw in his 57 rushing touchdowns and he seems to have had one helluva college career.

Pros? Not so good.
    and this is why so many have a wait and see approach with AJ. He definitely has all the tools but there isn't enough film on him throwing in tight windows or willing his team to victory with his arm. He has a good 2 or 3 games where he showed something but too many games were over by halftime and he was so clean you can't get a read on if it's him or all the guys around him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It's not a negative.. it's a concern and with our OL its a HUGE concern.
    Buuuuuuuuuuut.....that is what our upcoming top 5 pick is for. OT Jake Matthews. And the Steelers should get, at a minimum, a first round pick in exchange for Ben. Put a descent line in front of McCarron and watch him flourish.

Think outside the box.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    If that is true then why did Tebow throw 88 TDs versus 15 interceptions in his career? He had a 66% completion percentage for his college career. Twice he threw for 30 or more touchdowns. Then throw in his 57 rushing touchdowns and he seems to have had one helluva college career.

Pros? Not so good.
    Most of Tebow's TD were with in the red zone or short field. He wasnt throwing the ball down the field like McCarron. And I would hope you could see that Tim Tebow college or pro isn't or ever will be a legitimate QB who can throw.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    and this is why so many have a wait and see approach with AJ. He definitely has all the tools but there isn't enough film on him throwing in tight windows or willing his team to victory with his arm. He has a good 2 or 3 games where he showed something but too many games were over by halftime and he was so clean you can't get a read on if it's him or all the guys around him.
    Ok...at least you are starting to come around now. Nice. So he has all the tools, above average size, above average arm strength, leadership, experience against elite competition, big game experience, etc., etc.

He is the perfect fit for the Steelers. Get back to a power running attack, and let this kid throw off of it, and we are going to win again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Most of Tebow's TD were with in the red zone or short field. He wasnt throwing the ball down the field like McCarron. And I would hope you could see that Tim Tebow college or pro isn't or ever will be a legitimate QB who can throw.
    No, I never thought Tebow was a great passer. I thought the talent on the teams he played on dwarfed his opponents in most games. That is what bothers me about McCarron. Alabama has so much talent that it is hard to get a read on the guy. I would love to put him on a team like Penn State and see what he does. I think that is why it is hard to rate players because what they do depends so much on others around them.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!