Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams 3rd on the Depth Chart at Both Tackle Positions

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Adams 3rd on the Depth Chart at Both Tackle Positions

Beachum to start? ... [URL]http://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart.html[/URL]
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Beachum to start is a direct result of Mike Tomlin scared to screw up. However, Beachum is way better then Adams. As for Mike Adams....he should be stuck on the practice squad.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Why is Whimper on this team? Listing him as 2nd on the depth chart is a total joke. Is Foster fully healed?

Why not see what they have in Brown? Maybe he's pi$$ed off about the Cards dumping him and has something to prove. Speaking of Brown, I found this interesting quote when he was asked about coach Haley:

"Well, you know, Todd is an interesting fella. Let's just leave it at that," Brown said. "Me and Todd -- I mean, everybody has their arguments. I'm not sure he's like necessarily in my corner, but, at this point, I'm here, so, obviously, he liked that fight in me, so I appreciate it."

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Brown is listed where he is on the depth chart because he only had one practice with the team at that time. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts, if not this week, then down the road.

As for Whimper, if they didn't trust him enough to play last week, he has no business being on the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Reports yesterday (KFFL I think) were that Brown and Beachum were splitting first-team reps at LT in practice.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think Brown is listed where he is on the depth chart because he only had one practice with the team at that time. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts, if not this week, then down the road.

As for Whimper, if they didn't trust him enough to play last week, he has no business being on the team.
    I agree that it is really dubious, having a guy on your roster (Whimper) that you aren't even willing to play in the worst of circumstances. What's the point? (Why not give the spot to a young guy e.g. Mike Golic Jr., if all you're going to do is sit and watch him anyway?)

As for Adams, I agree that he should just thank his lucky stars that he still has a roster spot, be it 3rd on the depth chart.
    Last edited by Shoe; 10-10-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think they are just hitting the restart button on Adams. Maybe if he goes back to square one, he can make some realizations and push his way back into a starting role. But for now they just cant have him out there on the field. Hope Levi gets the start so we can have Beachum backing up everyone and keeping Whimper off the field...has Whimper been getting a hat on gameday?
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

There's got to be a cheap free agent out there who's better than Whimper...why is he even still on the roster?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    There's got to be a cheap free agent out there who's better than Whimper...why is he even still on the roster?
    this seems to be the prevailing question. CFL, Rugby ??? I'm looking under bridges for some troll to replace this guy. Too bad Embernate got hurt this pre-season, the guy had an attitude at least. I'd rather have gone with an UDFA if they have that little faith.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is the question that made me google up that list of current free agents. Apparently none of the guys on that list (OT or OG) are any better than Whimper??? I am a little surprised...