Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams 3rd on the Depth Chart at Both Tackle Positions

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't see Beachum holding up for very long as a LT. Or a OT for that matter. He's more of a long-term solution as a G in my book. Too small for an everyday NFL- caliber LT. Brown will be there soon enough- imo.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I don't see Beachum holding up for very long as a LT. Or a OT for that matter. He's more of a long-term solution as a G in my book. Too small for an everyday NFL- caliber LT. Brown will be there soon enough- imo.
    This is a very Tomlin thing IMO. He will never appoint a new guy as a starter. Whether it is a draft pick, a FA, or anyone else. He shows his loyalty to his players and forces the new player to show that he can earn his spot.

This is both good and bad IMO. The good is that his current players feel the loyalty. The bad is that it makes players ill prepared for their new positions. Take JJ as an example. Everyone knew that he was drafted to start. Sure he had to beat out Worilds, but the team was not bringing in every pass rushing FA, and spending their first pick on a pass rusher because they believed in Worilds. Had Jones not gotten injured in the pre-season, he would have been the week one starter.

So then, why not give him a better opportunity to succeed? If Jones had been running with the first team all summer, don't you think that he would be more ready to begin his career as a 3-4 ROLB than he was after playing the whole "You are the number two, now you are co-starter" charade? I often wish that Tomlin would make the right move with his players instead of letting things play out. He is the coach and part of his job is to make those decisions.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would prefer to promote Jake Long's little brother from our practice squad over giving Whimper a helmet on gameday.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    All he needs to do is stabilize the position and not be the clueless oaf that Adams was. Adams has been the single worst player on the team so far. And I honestly think we could be 2-2 if we never drafted this big goof.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    All he needs to do is stabilize the position and not be the clueless oaf that Adams was. Adams has been the single worst player on the team so far. And I honestly think we could be 2-2 if we never drafted this big goof.
    Heres an interesting question...if Gilbert goes down (God forbid!) who would step into his position? Whimper or Adams? Right now Whimper is ahead of Adams on the depth chart....THAT is embarrassing and if it doesn't light a fire under Adams to surpass Whimper in the next week or so, then Im afraid nothing will.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Heres an interesting question...if Gilbert goes down (God forbid!) who would step into his position? Whimper or Adams? Right now Whimper is ahead of Adams on the depth chart....THAT is embarrassing and if it doesn't light a fire under Adams to surpass Whimper in the next week or so, then Im afraid nothing will.
    I wonder if Adams is smoking pot again. The way he played last game almost makes me wonder.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I would prefer to promote Jake Long's little brother from our practice squad over giving Whimper a helmet on gameday.
    I agree. He played against garbage competition, but he showed hints of competence, which is more than can be said of whimper.

Legend

User Info Menu

At this point I would put Fat Albert on the line if he could just slow up the pass rush a little.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Talk about a demotion. Adams went from starter to being a healthy scratch and not dressing. Whimper dressed before him. Yikes!! Not sure what thst says about the coaches either (and their complete inability to judge talent) - Whimper was so far "below the line" 2 weeks ago he wasn't to be trusted to play even after an injury. But now the starter for the first quarter of the season is below even him.

Coach Bicknell has been a failure this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Talk about a demotion. Adams went from starter to being a healthy scratch and not dressing. Whimper dressed before him. Yikes!! Not sure what thst says about the coaches either (and their complete inability to judge talent) - Whimper was so far "below the line" 2 weeks ago he wasn't to be trusted to play even after an injury. But now the starter for the first quarter of the season is below even him.

Coach Bicknell has been a failure this year.
    This last line is spot on. Don't care if you like Adams or not, he's clearly a superior TALENT to Whimper. To have his confidence, and the confidence of the coaching staff, so low that he's now demoted to a healthy scratch on gameday is unacceptable. On a bad OL, having a 2nd Round OT not at least dressing is not getting the most out of the player. Either it is a result of terrible scouting on Adams ability (don't agree with that), or a terrible job of working out where he's currently at skill & technique wise, which is on the coaching.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S