Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Allen Visits Steelers Facilities

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Yes & no. Pretty sure if you go through all the available FA's in the NFL, most teams will be able to point to a guy & say "well, he wouldn't hurt us if he was here".

It's not like Will Allen is Scott Shields. If Scott Shields 'wouldn't hurt us'... that'd be bad.
    Ha I had high hopes for Scott Shields lol

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I like the signing... I don't like the fact that the Steelers let him walk this past offseason only to resign him now.. after starting 0-4 in an attempt to save a season that probably can't be saved anyway. Maybe a little to late.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Interestingly enough, if Allen does sign with the Steelers, he'll be cashing checks from both teams for the rest of the season...

If he was with the Steelers the rest of the season, he'd make another $680K on top of the $905K that was guaranteed when he was on the Cowboys' opening day roster...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    The best thing I can say is... the dude was damned solid last year, and shouldn't have been let go to begin with. Can you say...bye bye Troy? lol
    Bye, bye Troy? Put down that extra beer. Troy is back to being old troy, but he's almost ALWAYS in the box so he's not getting the turnovers. Bye, bye Troy. What planet do some of you live on?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Bye, bye Troy? Put down that extra beer. Troy is back to being old troy, but he's almost ALWAYS in the box so he's not getting the turnovers. Bye, bye Troy. What planet do some of you live on?
    Maybe he meant Clark after his media tour.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Maybe he meant Clark after his media tour.
    Unfortuantely I doubt that's what he meant, but maybe.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why?
    The least of our problems is a backup safety...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Troy is back to being old Troy? I'd say not. The Troy we have all come to know the last 4-5 years wears sweatpants during most games (instead of shoulder pads). It's good to see now that he is finally making a few plays, seeing as how it helped us get off to such a great start lol.. Will Allen was very solid (in Troy's absence).. for a fraction of Troy's salary.

Seriously man. He's one of the lofty contracts that needs dumped if we are gonna rebuild this team. Ike is another. Since it is well known at this point that we are in rebuilding mode, you either sign guys like troy and Ike next year to greatly reduced contracts, or let them walk. If you boys don't agree with that last statement, I would ask you to "Drink another" lol.

Cheers! lol
    Last edited by Ernie; 10-10-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

and I like Troy guys. Don't get it twisted. It's just that we need to make this sacrifices if we are going to get this team turned around. Keeping Troy around (at the tail end of his career) at this contract is foolish...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    and I like Troy guys. Don't get it twisted. It's just that we need to make this sacrifices if we are going to get this team turned around. Keeping Troy around (at the tail end of his career) at this contract is foolish...
    That's a tough one....