Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm sure glad..

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Congratulations? At 10 million a year...Ike is overpaid...and old. We could have kept Kennan Lewis for half the cost...gotten younger... and set the table at corner for the next 5 years across cortez allen.... not to mention freeing up cap space for other needs.
    Except there was literally no way possible we were gonna keep Keenan Lewis.

Lewis Literally told every team before he got drafted he was playing for the Saints(he wanted to be drafted by noone but the saints). He shot down better offers (which are still over 5 mil per)

Once the Saints offered him a contract, it was a done deal.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    It would help if you knew the facts. Keenan Lewis didn't want to stay with the Steelers. Keenan Lewis wanted to play for his home town team the Saints. He took less money from the Saints then he would had gotten from another team.
    I know that tidbit of information.... so you can go back to your hole now.

Money changes a lot. Give Lewis some of that 10 million that Ike doesn't deserve and he stays.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I know that tidbit of information.... so you can go back to your hole now.

Money changes a lot. Give Lewis some of that 10 million that Ike doesn't deserve and he stays.
    Or not......

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Congratulations? At 10 million a year...Ike is overpaid...and old. We could have kept Kennan Lewis for half the cost...gotten younger... and set the table at corner for the next 5 years across cortez allen.... not to mention freeing up cap space for other needs.
    Exactly.... Ike at this point isn't worth 5 million let alone 10m.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Or not......
    Players say that stuff all the time. Is there any evidence that teams (including the Steelers) offered him much more than the Saints?

And if that is indeed the gods honest truth... why would you even draft the guy if no matter what, he doesn't want to play for your franchise. That's just dumb on all accounts.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It is the truth. I posted a link previously. Keenan Lewis even admitted it himself...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It is the truth. I posted a link previously. Keenan Lewis even admitted it himself...
    Yes I read that. Do you know if the Steelers offered him a contract? If so, how much? A lot of players say stuff like that after the fact... It's good PR and the fans slober over stuff like that. The reality is.... 5 extra million changes a lot of peoples minds quickly even in a backloaded contract.

And like I said.... why would anyone except NO draft the guy if this was known? A complete waste of a pick if it's well known he doesn't want to play professional football for anyone but the NO Saints.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Okay...Ike and Cortez have played 6 games combined and have no interceptions. We all know that.

Keenan Lewis has 1 interception in 5 games...he's not exactly leading the league in picks here...not sure what the big revelation is here.

Keenan matched his interception total from 4 years as a Steeler in his first month as a Saint. Congratulations.
    It's not a revelation. The Board is one big whine fest right now. The posters that usually post informed opinions or great articles have scaled back because this place is on a fast track to the nearest gutter. Ike Taylor has never been one to pick the ball off but he's still shutting down the opposing teams number one receivers. Cotez Allen on the other hand is still a very young corner with a lot of ability. You know this, most sane Steeler fans know this but the "whine patrol" needs something to whine about so we get threads like these that sh*t up the board. It's quickly becoming unbearable around here but with me in Columbus and away from the Pittsburgh media is still a good resource for certain kinds of information. You just have to filter through a pile of crap daily and that sucks.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    It's not a revelation. The Board is one big whine fest right now. The posters that usually post informed opinions or great articles have scaled back because this place is on a fast track to the nearest gutter. Ike Taylor has never been one to pick the ball off but he's still shutting down the opposing teams number one receivers. Cotez Allen on the other hand is still a very young corner with a lot of ability. You know this, most sane Steeler fans know this but the "whine patrol" needs something to whine about so we get threads like these that sh*t up the board. It's quickly becoming unbearable around here but with me in Columbus and away from the Pittsburgh media is still a good resource for certain kinds of information. You just have to filter through a pile of crap daily and that sucks.
    Adding to the whine fest. Nice work.

Ike Taylor is not a shut down corner at this point in his career and he isn't worth anywhere close to 10 million. Your being a delusional homer if you think that.

On the other hand, Ike does take cool pictures with Dan Rooney so it's all good.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Adding to the whine fest. Nice work.

Ike Taylor is not a shut down corner at this point in his career and he isn't worth anywhere close to 10 million. Your being a delusional homer if you think that.

On the other hand, Ike does take cool pictures with Dan Rooney so it's all good.
    You and a few others are single handily muddying up the board with your bs. Ike Taylor is still a shut down corner, he's still in amazing shape and he's never been able to catch. As Chadman already said, if our defensive line or just the front seven in general could pressure the qb the turnovers would come. Stop sh.itting up the board with your bs.