Thread: I'm sure glad..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

User Info Menu

I'm sure glad..

We didn't keep Keenan Lewis....

Keenan Lewi = 3 PD, 1 FF, 1 INT

but that's ok because we have that stud playmaker....

Cortez Allen = 0 PD, 0 FF, 0 INT

or stone hands Ike Taylor that is old, overpaid and can't catch a cold CB

Ike Taylor = 4 PD, 0 FF, 0 INT <=== There's a shocker

It's all good though... we'll continue to pay Ike elite playmaker money at 33.5 because he's Dan's buddy.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay...Ike and Cortez have played 6 games combined and have no interceptions. We all know that.

Keenan Lewis has 1 interception in 5 games...he's not exactly leading the league in picks here...not sure what the big revelation is here.

Keenan matched his interception total from 4 years as a Steeler in his first month as a Saint. Congratulations.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Okay...Ike and Cortez have played 6 games combined and have no interceptions. We all know that.

Keenan Lewis has 1 interception in 5 games...he's not exactly leading the league in picks here...not sure what the big revelation is here.

Keenan matched his interception total from 4 years as a Steeler in his first month as a Saint. Congratulations.
    And has a forced fumble.... but your buddy Ike is really lighting the world on fire with his goose egg in INTs. There's a big shocker. I'm sure glad we're paying an old (& showing it) CB close to ~10 millions dollars this year. By the way, how many INTs has Ike dropped already this year? He's on pace to drop more INTs this year than his total CAUGHT INTs for his entire career. That's clearly worth elite money. He's surely worth 9/million dollars more than Lewis.

Legend

User Info Menu

Congratulations? At 10 million a year...Ike is overpaid...and old. We could have kept Kennan Lewis for half the cost...gotten younger... and set the table at corner for the next 5 years across cortez allen.... not to mention freeing up cap space for other needs.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Congratulations? At 10 million a year...Ike is overpaid...and old. We could have kept Kennan Lewis for half the cost...gotten younger... and set the table at corner for the next 5 years across cortez allen.... not to mention freeing up cap space for other needs.
    Except there was literally no way possible we were gonna keep Keenan Lewis.

Lewis Literally told every team before he got drafted he was playing for the Saints(he wanted to be drafted by noone but the saints). He shot down better offers (which are still over 5 mil per)

Once the Saints offered him a contract, it was a done deal.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Exactly.... Ike at this point isn't worth 5 million let alone 10m.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess you can't understand the concept of Lewis took lesser pay to sign with New Orleans, his home town. .. rather than re-up with the Steelers. Can we at least rest that part of the argument to rest.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian View Post
    I guess you can't understand the concept of Lewis took lesser pay to sign with New Orleans, his home town. .. rather than re-up with the Steelers. Can we at least rest that part of the argument to rest.
    I guess the question I would ask is, did we offer Lewis a contract for this year? I'm trying to understand where you are getting the "Lesser pay" statement. Lesser than his previous contract with the steelers you mean, right? Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I kept a pretty close eye on the off season moves this past season (which is part of the reason my hair is falling out right now lol).

I like Ike, but we've got some tough decisions to make... and cutting lose some old money may be part of our growing pains. If Ike is willing to stick around next year for less money, I'd gladly keep him around. Same with Troy... etc..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's not a revelation. The Board is one big whine fest right now. The posters that usually post informed opinions or great articles have scaled back because this place is on a fast track to the nearest gutter. Ike Taylor has never been one to pick the ball off but he's still shutting down the opposing teams number one receivers. Cotez Allen on the other hand is still a very young corner with a lot of ability. You know this, most sane Steeler fans know this but the "whine patrol" needs something to whine about so we get threads like these that sh*t up the board. It's quickly becoming unbearable around here but with me in Columbus and away from the Pittsburgh media is still a good resource for certain kinds of information. You just have to filter through a pile of crap daily and that sucks.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    It's not a revelation. The Board is one big whine fest right now. The posters that usually post informed opinions or great articles have scaled back because this place is on a fast track to the nearest gutter. Ike Taylor has never been one to pick the ball off but he's still shutting down the opposing teams number one receivers. Cotez Allen on the other hand is still a very young corner with a lot of ability. You know this, most sane Steeler fans know this but the "whine patrol" needs something to whine about so we get threads like these that sh*t up the board. It's quickly becoming unbearable around here but with me in Columbus and away from the Pittsburgh media is still a good resource for certain kinds of information. You just have to filter through a pile of crap daily and that sucks.
    Adding to the whine fest. Nice work.

Ike Taylor is not a shut down corner at this point in his career and he isn't worth anywhere close to 10 million. Your being a delusional homer if you think that.

On the other hand, Ike does take cool pictures with Dan Rooney so it's all good.