Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: I'm sure glad..

Starter

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Eddie Spaghetti;578511]ike is very far down the list of this teams problems. I'm an ike homer, no problem admitting that. The guy has been one of the most underappreciated steelers of the last 20 hears, IMO. Plus he's been the consumate professional since he entered the league. I really hope they can find a spot in the organization for him in the future, I want guys like ike around.

Everything you said 100% me too.

But if they wait until he needs a walker to get around to finding a replacement, like they did with Hampton and Farrior to mention a few then todays problems will seem like nothing.

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Keyplay1;578818]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    ike is very far down the list of this teams problems. I'm an ike homer, no problem admitting that. The guy has been one of the most underappreciated steelers of the last 20 hears, IMO. Plus he's been the consumate professional since he entered the league. I really hope they can find a spot in the organization for him in the future, I want guys like ike around.

Everything you said 100% me too.

But if they wait until he needs a walker to get around to finding a replacement, like they did with Hampton and Farrior to mention a few then todays problems will seem like nothing.
    The organization drafts plays every year with the hopes that those players can develop into NFL caliber players. It's difficult to find adequate players that can play at a consistently high level in the NFL. It's even more difficult to replace high end starters like Hampton, Farrior, Harrison, Smith ect.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    You and a few others are single handily muddying up the board with your bs. Ike Taylor is still a shut down corner, he's still in amazing shape and he's never been able to catch. As Chadman already said, if our defensive line or just the front seven in general could pressure the qb the turnovers would come. Stop sh.itting up the board with your bs.
    I have to agree with u. Filtering through the garbage has been harder than usual since we r winless. A couple of win in a row or a good winning streak will change that(until the next loss lol..)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post

Seems to me there is a direct correlation between the presence of those you few you mentioned, plus Harrison and Foote, and our ability to defend the run. Many have stated over the past couple years that those 'old' guys should be run out of town to make room for sparkly new draft picks. How is that working out? I think the Steelers were right for holding onto those players as long as they could.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.