Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: I'm sure glad..

  1. #71
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Congratulations? At 10 million a year...Ike is overpaid...and old. We could have kept Kennan Lewis for half the cost...gotten younger... and set the table at corner for the next 5 years across cortez allen.... not to mention freeing up cap space for other needs.
    I guess you can't understand the concept of Lewis took lesser pay to sign with New Orleans, his home town. .. rather than re-up with the Steelers. Can we at least rest that part of the argument to rest.

  2. #72
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian View Post
    I guess you can't understand the concept of Lewis took lesser pay to sign with New Orleans, his home town. .. rather than re-up with the Steelers. Can we at least rest that part of the argument to rest.
    I guess the question I would ask is, did we offer Lewis a contract for this year? I'm trying to understand where you are getting the "Lesser pay" statement. Lesser than his previous contract with the steelers you mean, right? Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I kept a pretty close eye on the off season moves this past season (which is part of the reason my hair is falling out right now lol).

    I like Ike, but we've got some tough decisions to make... and cutting lose some old money may be part of our growing pains. If Ike is willing to stick around next year for less money, I'd gladly keep him around. Same with Troy... etc..

  3. #73
    ike is very far down the list of this teams problems. I'm an ike homer, no problem admitting that. The guy has been one of the most underappreciated steelers of the last 20 hears, IMO. Plus he's been the consumate professional since he entered the league. I really hope they can find a spot in the organization for him in the future, I want guys like ike around.

    this crusade is absurd.

  4. #74
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I really hope they can find a spot in the organization for him in the future, I want guys like ike around.
    I'm a big fan of Ike as well and think the Steelers will find a place in their organization for him after he retires.


  5. #75
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    ike is very far down the list of this teams problems. I'm an ike homer, no problem admitting that. The guy has been one of the most underappreciated steelers of the last 20 hears, IMO. Plus he's been the consumate professional since he entered the league. I really hope they can find a spot in the organization for him in the future, I want guys like ike around.

    this crusade is absurd.
    What crusade are you referring to Eddie?

  6. #76
    79 28-K.Lewis NO 5 0.10 6.2 1.24 7 9 1 0.45 0 0 3 0 1 0 1Is this the guy we're talking about here:

    I have no idea what those numbers mean but the 79 at the beginning was where he was ranked after 5 games. Maybe the table was reversed like worst to best but IDTS.

    Usually in stats I dig into them when I choose to and prove them wrong. This one I will leave alone.

    Well okay, a quick look. He is a CB no? Then I guess defending passes would be something worth looking at. He had 3 PDF. That is 43 in the league. Over a dozen players are even ahead of him there that have only played 4 games. Ike is one of them.

    stats from advancednflstats.com I won't use them anymore to evaluate CB's. For some reason they changed. They used to track times the cb was targeted and the % of passes completed. ??? They did away with that. Why? what could be more important?

    But anyway whatever the reason he is ranked 79th. And just wait until he gets beat deep and costs them a game or two and the fans get on his butt, how his confidence will vanish and geez I guess he will start breaking his pool sticks and flinging his ping pong paddle or maybe just keep punching holes in walls.

    I almost have a 95% agree rate with steelz09 but on this one nah! Although keeping him around for depth [c.allen was projected to win that job] I suppose would have been tolerable. But at all those millions?

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    What crusade are you referring to Eddie?
    steelz09 has had a hard on for ike for a long time

    who the hell is gonna play CB when we dump him?

  8. #78
    I disagree that Lewis isn't a Steeler because it would have cost more to sign him than the 5 year, $25.5M that he signed with New Orleans for. There was never an indication that the Steelers made a move to contact him. They seemed disinterested in retaining him, and then he signed in New Orleans - maybe for less, maybe not but irrelevant for this discussion.

    He was drafted in 2009. He always showed talent but attitude got in the way. He only received one start prior to last season. He was on his way to a starting job earlier but always landed in the doghouse. He got into a fight with Antonio Brown in TC in 2010, and then in a pre-season game had two personal fouls and punched a sign and shattered glass in Denver.

    I believe that the team wanted to rid itself of a certain culture and they identified Wallace and Lewis as players who they wanted gone. Lewis wanting to go home is only an issue if he turned down an offer from Pittsburgh.

  9. #79
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    ike is very far down the list of this teams problems. I'm an ike homer, no problem admitting that. The guy has been one of the most underappreciated steelers of the last 20 hears, IMO. Plus he's been the consumate professional since he entered the league. I really hope they can find a spot in the organization for him in the future, I want guys like ike around.

    this crusade is absurd.
    He is a consummate pro, but he isn't underappreciated. And while he is down the list of problems, he has had opportunities to step up and make a play when the team needed it as a so-called leader of the defense (i.e. intercept passes that were interceptable). And he didn't step up to the plate.

    That is why, while he is a very solid player and a Steeler for life, he isn't "appreciated" more outside the organization.

  10. #80
    I believe you're wrong about him being underappreciated.

    don't really care to debate it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •