Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I'm sure glad..

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    My point exactly.... you don't need to pay a non-playmaker 10 million dollars. They can be had for cheaper.
    His contract isn't 10 million per. It's 4/28

It's just now it's time to pay the man.

7 mil per for a guy that can do the following

Ike Taylor on AJ green last year game 1. 1 catch 8 yards

Game Ike Taylor is hurt, I believe Keenan Lewis was on AJ

Don't have the exact stat in front of me it was to the tune of 10 catches 100+ yards

7 mil per.. Ill take that

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'd pay Ike 7 mil especially a younger Ike. I'm not down for paying him 10 in the twilight of his career when he isn't.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd pay Ike 7 mil especially a younger Ike. I'm not down for paying him 10 in the twilight of his career when he isn't.
    His play has not regressed. He may not be AS fast but he's still incredibly fast. I just want to know what he's done this season to make you start this thread. He's never been able to catch, he's still holding elite receivers in check. Just go up to what Pap said and that's exactly why this thread started. The Steelers are losing and people are looking for something to cry about. A place to pin the doomsday sticker.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    His play has not regressed. He may not be AS fast but he's still incredibly fast. I just want to know what he's done this season to make you start this thread. He's never been able to catch, he's still holding elite receivers in check. Just go up to what Pap said and that's exactly why this thread started. The Steelers are losing and people are looking for something to cry about. A place to pin the doomsday sticker.
    Read my post in response to Pap. You and him are wrong... you can lookup my posts before the season started. I said Ike was overpaid then and I'm still saying it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

U
    My point exactly.... you don't need to pay a non-playmaker 10 million dollars. They can be had for cheaper.

So what would you pay Lewis? He's getting about 6 at a discount.

Surely he'd be making 7+ and he's not as good as Ike in coverage.

I'd like to state that Ike Taylor had more picks than Lewis in the same system last year

Also by cutting Ike you don't get that 10 mil back

Infact if we had cut him this season, we i don't think would have saved much more than a million

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    U

So what would you pay Lewis? He's getting about 6 at a discount.

Surely he'd be making 7+ and he's not as good as Ike in coverage.

I'd like to state that Ike Taylor had more picks than Lewis in the same system last year

Also by cutting Ike you don't get that 10 mil back

Infact if we had cut him this season, we i don't think would have saved much more than a million
    Lewis' cap hit is 2.5 million this year. I'm not sure where you got the 6 mil from.

Cutting Ike would have been costly. The only benefit would have been the 10.5 million off the books next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

montana as also a hero of his. i thought i read his team was the niners, but cant find it

Ben was a bright, happy kid despite his parents’ breakup and his mother's tragic death. He was a good student and an excellent athlete. His heroes were John Elway (whenever he could snag Elway’s number 7 in any sport, he did—all the way up to the NFL) and Joe Montana, though basketball was his best sport. Ben inherited his athletic abilty from his dad. Ken was a student-athlete at Georgia Tech in the 1970s, playing quarterback and shortstop for the Yellow Jackets.

[url]http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Roeth/Roeth_bio.html[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Lewis' cap hit is 2.5 million this year. I'm not sure where you got the 6 mil from.

Cutting Ike would have been costly. The only benefit would have been the 10.5 million off the books next year.
    Your right, Keenan's contract is a little more lenient than I thought. But it still begs the question of.

What would the contract have been if he had signed with us. Its well known he took a paycut to be with his hometown team.

That said. The best financial option will likely be this.

Letting Lewis walk.

Play Ike this year at his full salary.

Get him to take a price cut next year. He's already hinted at such a thing

[url]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/steelers-cb-ike-taylor-says-he-understands-the-business-side-of-pay-cuts/[/url]

Draft a replacement (we tried this year in the 5th, didn't work out) in say the 2nd round-3rd round. That salary will be about 300k)

Cut Ike Down to a 2 mil salary/5 mil cap hit (He will do it IMO. At his age and likely wanting to retire a Steeler plus he saw what just happened to harrison)

Listen, I was a big fan of Lewis. Still root for the guy. But the money didn't match.

And Honestly. If Im the GM, and im trying to cut salaries/ Players on the team. I don't look at Ike first.

We got a bunch of vets we are overpaying due to the system.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    A small point in the debate but I thought Ike had that INT in the endzone. Patterson made a nice play knocking it out of his hands. At least that would have been one TO
    I think Ike was actually going to catch that one if it wasn't for the defense of the receiver.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I think Ike was actually going to catch that one if it wasn't for the defense of the receiver.
    I think Ike would catch a lot of INTs... if it weren't for his hands