Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 84

Thread: I'm sure glad..

  1. #51
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm sure Thomas and Tim Tebow would love to face our elite corner every week.

    You both are missing the point. I'm saying that Ike isn't much better (if any) than Lewis at this point in his career and I wouldn't be paying either 10 million a year. Let's forget about Lewis being on the Steelers for a second.... I'm talking about playing ability at this point and I don't think one is that much (if any) better than the other.
    Ryan Mundy was equally to blame for that fiasco if not MORE to blame. I'm not surprised you went digging for that one though, clearly it's time for Ike to go lol.

  2. #52
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Taylor kept Marshall in check that entire game, 5 catches for 52 yards. He gives up one pass you think he could have played better against and he's suddenly a bum. Marshall is an elite and very physical wide receiver and he's 6'4. As I said above people are being ridiculous. It's apparently going to take Taylor retiring before people realize just how much he does for that defense.
    Your putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he's a bum. I said he's not worth 10mil a year. You say Marshall is elite, right? Ike is elite according to you so how is Marshall being elite an excuse? I'm confused.

  3. #53
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Taylor kept Marshall in check that entire game, 5 catches for 52 yards. He gives up one pass you think he could have played better against and he's suddenly a bum. Marshall is an elite and very physical wide receiver and he's 6'4. As I said above people are being ridiculous. It's apparently going to take Taylor retiring before people realize just how much he does for that defense.
    I am not looking forward to that retirement, because the cupboard is bare at corner right now. What kind of numbers would AJ Green and Brandon Marshall have against Cortez Allen? I don't even want to think about it. Ike is only overpaid because the Steelers are losing. If the Steelers were 4-0 everyone would be saying what a deal Taylor is at 10mil per year, but they're losing, so all the high priced players are the problem.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  4. #54
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032
    A small point in the debate but I thought Ike had that INT in the endzone. Patterson made a nice play knocking it out of his hands. At least that would have been one TO

  5. #55
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Your putting words in my mouth. I didn't say he's a bum. I said he's not worth 10mil a year. You say Marshall is elite, right? Ike is elite according to you so how is Marshall being elite an excuse? I'm confused.
    I don't necessarily think Ike should be getting 10M per either but it's not like that's a HEINOUS situation of a player being overpaid. I'd also say that holding a guy like Marshall to 5 catches for 52 yards and no touchdowns is pretty damn good considering just how many times Cutler targets Marshall. I'm not exactly sure what you're expecting week after week. He's holding the top receivers to minimal yardage and keeping them out of the endzone, he's also following those receivers all over the field usually running cover zero. How many corners in the NFL even do that these days?

  6. #56
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I am not looking forward to that retirement, because the cupboard is bare at corner right now. What kind of numbers would AJ Green and Brandon Marshall have against Cortez Allen? I don't even want to think about it. Ike is only overpaid because the Steelers are losing. If the Steelers were 4-0 everyone would be saying what a deal Taylor is at 10mil per year, but they're losing, so all the high priced players are the problem.

    Pappy
    Totally agree.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Sorry man... can't agree with you on this one. I don't believe Ike is an elite corner at this point of his career. You mention his game against AJ and I could mention that critical completion that he gave up against Brandon Marshall. Was it decent coverage? Sure. But you have to make plays when your making 10 million dollars a year and that isn't making a play when we needed a play. We didn't need a INT.. we simply needed him to turn his head and breakup the completion.

    There's been plays where I thought that Ike doesn't have the quickless that he once had.


    Wait? You are mentioning the play that was Near unstoppable for a corner these days? a 6'4 WR high pointing a ball on the Back shoulder, that can not be touched.



    Ikes a tall Corner at 6'2 but there are some things you just can't defend. A perfect ball highpointed on the back shoulder is pretty damn hard to stop, if nigh impossible.



    Best scenario I can think of, Might be in relation to the sideline is to try and force him out, and with todays rules. Thats pretty hard to do without getting 5 penalty flags thrown




    He gave up 5 catches for 52 yards. (For Reference this is a guy that had 1,500 recieving the year before)



    What more do you want out of Ike, I have to ask in coverage. Ints would be nice, but its not like Keenan is a world beater in that stat either. 2 Career ints.

  8. #58
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I am not looking forward to that retirement, because the cupboard is bare at corner right now. What kind of numbers would AJ Green and Brandon Marshall have against Cortez Allen? I don't even want to think about it. Ike is only overpaid because the Steelers are losing. If the Steelers were 4-0 everyone would be saying what a deal Taylor is at 10mil per year, but they're losing, so all the high priced players are the problem.

    Pappy
    I wouldn't have... You can lookup my posts before the season started and I said Taylor was way overpaid then. Before NO signed Lewis, I said that I would have went forward with Lewis and Allen over Ike and Allen. You get 2 young guys to hold down your CB position for several years instead of a very short term (& high priced) Ike Taylor solution. Now, we're almost forced to spend a premium pick on CB. I wanted to avoid that because we need to address some many areas and I didn't want CB to be one of them.

  9. #59
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,829
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    That was my good comment post, dobre shunka style
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...Dobre%20Shunka


    Dobre Shunkan. Literally translated from Hungarian as "Good Ham," this refers to NFL Hall-of-Fame Outside Linebacker Jack Ham of the Penn State Nittany Lions and Pittsburgh Steelers during the 1970's and early 1980's. It was also the name of his fan club. As a contrast to his teammate Jack Lambert, a.k.a "Dracula in Cleats," Jack Ham's play was decidedly less emotional and more intellectual, albeit equivalently effective.
    Whenever Jack Ham caught an interception, the crowd would shout "Dobre Shunka."

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  10. #60
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    What more do you want out of Ike, I have to ask in coverage. Ints would be nice, but its not like Keenan is a world beater in that stat either. 2 Career ints.
    My point exactly.... you don't need to pay a non-playmaker 10 million dollars. They can be had for cheaper.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •