Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can we really make the play offs?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

can we really make the play offs?

how many think we can actually turn the corner, and win our division?

Cleveland is Cleveland....

Cincy good but really?... they keep catching breaks, like that fumble vs green bay, their luck has to run out.

baltimore... they win but nothing really special... they lost to buffalo

we beat the jets

clev loses to detroit

baltimore loses to GB

ciny gets upset by buffalo

we are 3 games out and play cleveland and play baltimore 2x.

Backup

User Info Menu

Jim mora quotes in 3.....2.....1.....

Legend

User Info Menu

i got us penciled in for 12-4

Legend

User Info Menu

During the bye week, I kept saying "well, at least we can't lose this week!"

Well, guess what...with Baltimore, Cincinnati, and Cleveland all winning...we still lost last week.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Forget playoffs..I'm looking for a win and then consistency for a second win after that.....
    I'm praying....

Legend

User Info Menu

It's about momentum.

If the Steelers can string a couple of wins together, particularly against division opponants, who knows?

The Steelers are not a 0-4 team, talent-wise, and a few breaks their way, a couple of big plays, a bit of momentum...can turn things around.

Will it happen? Maybe not enough to get to the playoffs. But Chadman still expects at least 7 wins.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Umm.. up until the last week or so ago I would have said hell no. I've been very disappointed with the FO on the off season/early season personnel moves. In the last week or so, I can actually say I've been somewhat pleased with their recent signings. So far, Velasco has been solid. At least they have made an attempt to address the LT concerns with bringing in Levi Brown. I saw on another thread where they are also looking at bringing back will allen.

I think the cards are stacked against them but it looks like they are taking steps in the right direction..which is a first in my opinion for quite a few months.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

NO ONE is saying we are in the playoff hunt! But it IS nice, that (despite a putrid start to the season) that we still are in yelling distance of the leaders. It makes watching the games that much more worthwhile.

Legend

User Info Menu

The chances of the Steelers making the playoffs is the same as Mr. Blutarsky's grade point average - 0.0

Rookie

User Info Menu

The chances of the Steelers making the playoffs are about the same odds that Mr. Blutarsky had of becoming a US Senator...