Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A True Shock to DL Detractors

Legend

User Info Menu

A True Shock to DL Detractors

Seems the Steelers will be starting Vince Williams over K Wilson at ILB.

What's this?... two rookies starting on a LeBeau defense???..... can we now quiet the "Dick LeBeau doesn't play rookies"...please?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Seems the Steelers will be starting Vince Williams over K Wilson at ILB.

What's this?... two rookies starting on a LeBeau defense???..... can we now quiet the "Dick LeBeau doesn't play rookies"...please?
    Dont worry, soon they will complain that the rookies are not productive on the field because the defense is too complex...

Legend

User Info Menu

I am a fan of DL but I'm not gushing with praise on these 2 choices. One wouldn't be playing without an injury and the only competition being an insurance claims adjuster who does not belong on a roster. And Woirlds has shown he will never be anything but a part time back up and spot player. They gave him the job and he lost it as much as JJ took it. Might as well get experience for the rook now that you know what you have in the veteran - not much.

Legend

User Info Menu

all it took was 0-4, holding onto a bunch of aging vets who stretched the cap and a few injuries. sarcasm

Legend

User Info Menu

Well who would call the defense if Williams wasn't on the field?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Reeeeaaaaacccccchhhhhhh ffffaaaaarrrrrttttthhhhhheeeeeerrrrrrrr
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

Since the 70s, how many SBs have the Steelers gone to without LeBeau as the DC?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Since the 70s, how many SBs have the Steelers gone to without LeBeau as the DC?
    Better yet, how many top 10 defenses. The team believes, draft and pay for their defense. They will be tops loonnnnggggg after he's gone.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Better yet, how many top 10 defenses. The team believes, draft and pay for their defense. They will be tops loonnnnggggg after he's gone.
    They weren't nearly as successful before when he left...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Yes, I remember those days of Jim Haslett and Tim Lewis. [sarcasm]How I long for those days back.[/sarcasm]
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!